Prop Micro 25" 3D Foamy

Progress on the 25" foamy build...

I used Super Glue brand "Fix All" adhesive to glue the carbon fiber strip into place in the wing, but I didn't have enough, so I used the glue that came with the HobbyKing Autogyro (smells and looks just like welders glue) to finish gluing it in.

I took the spray nozzle straw off of a can of carburetor cleaner (not used) to make the motor mount. I "drilled" (and by drilled I mean tearing) holes in the front fuselage. I again used the Auto-G Welders knock off glue to glue them into place. As you can see it didn't work on one of them...I put the glue on the straw, but it instantly bonded with the foam when it touched, causing a giant hole to be ripped into the fuselage. I improvised by gluing the straw and then just gluing the sides together. Then I covered it with nylon-reinforced tape to make it less ugly.

I then used the supplied motor screws to screw the motor on. The screws just go right into the straw.

I tested the motor after installing, and the mount is solid, at full throttle (which is enough to pull a 60g plank and an additional probably 20 or 30g worth of 800mAh 2s battery (too big for flying but works for testing until I get some smaller batteries) vertical with power to spare...)
Now it's just seeing crash durability ;)

Motor screwed on, prop installed

The hole where the prop is supposed to go onto the motor is too big because the motor is made for a 5x3 prop, not a 6x3 so it is not perfectly centered on the motor. I will need to order some smaller props.

I used the Welders knock off glue to secure the ESC and Receiver in place, and used tape to hold them there until it dried.

I added some glue to the back of the motor where the wires go in, those wires are SO fragile....

Servos

I'll keep you updated on the build.

My 25" is DONE!
Setup:

HobbyKing 1612 3200Kv Motor
Turnigy Plush 6A ESC
Hobbyking 2.2g "Single Screw" Servos
HobbyKing OrgangeRx R415
2s 7.4v 200-800mAh Li-Po (in this case it's an 800mAh, 2x the weight of a battery I SHOULD use....

Here she is
It's white.

Tasajara

Looking good there, I have built a few scratch build epp 3D planes myself.
Here is one I did a while back.... I painted it with spray cans using templates.
11-Yak 55.JPG

11-Yak 55.JPG

Top Bottom