Micro Mcpx2 tbe

Nismo400rgtr

Hopefully this is the right place for this. I've had my MCPX2 for two weeks now. I was doing some indoor flying yesterday and had a hard crash with my couch that broke one of the blade grip links. No big deal, done it before and replaced it with a new part. My flights thereafter have been suffering from TBE and it's quite the handful indoors. Sucks since I've gotten practiced with a steady hover. Everything appears straight(to the eye) in terms of the main shaft and feathering shaft but I haven't taken anything apart yet. Is something bent? I'm open to suggestions. TIA

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The mcpx is a flybarless heli with a 3 axis gyro, and with that, the gyro should help keep it stable. i would check that your blades are not too tight. they should flop around with very little resistance. Make sure all of the wires are away from the servo links and main shaft, and make sure none of hte servo links are broke. Also check the swash, it likes to break in a hard crash as well.

One thing to remember, and you can see proof of this on my videos, you can fly this heli outside in the wind. In fact, its a good idea to stay over grass. it will result in less broken parts when you crash.

If it's acting really weird, a video may help out to see the issue. But, I'm wondering if there is something broke still if its unstable. Hope this helps.

Nismo400rgtr

Thanks for the reply Tony. I haden't changed the tightness of the blades in the grips from when she was flying steady-to-current. Actually, upon a maiden flight after unboxing I noticed this same behavior,before I leveled the swash. I didn't level after the crash so that could be a factor.If the swash is indeed broken I have an RKH ready to replace it ;). The fact that it is a Flybarless system puzzles me as to why it's exhibiting this behavior.I hope nothing is wrong with the gyro's :(. One of the cyclic servo linkages did bend after the crash and I use my needlenose to bend it back. This is all probably leading me to not leveling the swash after haha. I hope it really is that simple. I'll work on it tomorrow night and will do my best to post a vid if unsuccessful.

I have flown it outside twice under low wind conditions and it was awesome! I do agree the grass can save from breakages. I have a long way to go...

Tony

Staff member
Another thing is dust and dirt. It can get in the servos on the board and break contact. I have had to take my servos apart and clean them before, you may have to as well.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
just like tony said... dust and dirt in servos... messed up or dirty main gear, SPLIT main shaft.. main shaft being carbon wont bend but will split right where the hole is for installing the screw for head yoke. that might be your problem too.. VERY POSSIBLE! if you are using weighted blades (bullet blades) you might have lost the weights from under those bullets... so check under the bullets and see if you have one blade with weight on the end, and other one with an empty hole. Those weights get dislodged easy.

Let us know if this helps. :)

Nismo400rgtr

Okay...So since I changed so much at once I have no idea what the culprit was. It is fixed though.

I spent some time last night installing some of the aluminum RKH goodies I had. I replaced the swashplate,main rotor hub,and blade grips. Leveled the swash,which was off because one of the cyclic servo linkages was tweaked a hair. I also Installed KBDD main and rotor blades. Feathering shaft was straight,main shaft wasn't split,old swash wasn't damaged. However, prior to dis-assembly, I did notice the links from the blade grips to the swash were sitting in too far on the balljoint.Instead of being right on the ball,they were past the ball end sitting on the "neck" portion of it. I'm wondering if it was causing some binding or something. I let it sit overnight to allow the threadlock I applied to the screws for the main blades to cure.

I had three consecutive batteries worth of successful hovering attempts!-- Not really flights because all I'm doing now is keeping a hover lol. TBE is gone,but I am getting a bit of tail twitch here and there that I don't remember before..but it's not too bad.

I may end up cleaning the servo contacts this weekend just because. Thanks for the help everyone :)

Top Bottom