Micro Mcpx v2 flips & rolls challenges???

Bruno

I have spent hours reading and watching videos and sim practicing flips and rolls.

With the Phoenix sim I am repeatedly successful.

During real flight the loops and rolls are too big and I crash often. I understand while in IU mode to use the collective and hold her at about 1/2 throttle throughout the roll for some success. Once I get better I realize I will have to more effectively incorporate +/- pitch. I make sure she is ascending or FF during flips or rolls. Still minimal success. When I am successful they are large loops.

What am I doing wrong??? :grief:

Any suggestions to at least keep her in the air? :indecisiveness:

Tony

Staff member
When doing flips and rolls, you must use negative pitch to keep your altitude. It's all about timing. Give a little positive collective to send the heli up in the air (like tossing a ball up in your hand), pull back on the elevator, drop collective to 0º pitch, when almost inverted, give a slight amount of negative pitch, as it's rolling more go back to 0º pitch, and when upright, go back to normal positive collective.

Rolls are the same but with aileron.

Now on a loop, you will use very little negative at the top, but you will still use it.

Don't be afraid of using negative when the bird is upside down. Worst case, it climbs up a bit, which is safer than it falling to the earth. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom