Micro Mcpx paper canopies ... AMAZING!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
This is a great idea! I salute the dude who tool some time to do this.

But this is a very simple canopy to make. Literally all you need is photo paper , a cutter, scotch tape and grommets for mcpx.

Its sturdy, its a bit heavier by about 1gm i think by what that guy posted on helifreak.

All it takes is may be 20 mins with sloppy hands like mine.. Haha! But there is a template available, and you can photoshop what you want on it. And or use permanent marker to color or .. Whatever , do like what I did, use the ore made templates by just print, cut, stick, and go!!!

I flew with it inside, I didn't feel any different..I'll try some 3d outside sometime and see how that goes..

Check it out

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
That looks really good. If I beat mine up anymore, I'm going to need a new one here soon and this is a good idea. I actually have photo paper here right now. Post up a link to where you can get the templates.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
well I did some crash testing of the canopy.. Its Alright.... It looks good on... when flying and all.. But its not very strong. Now the fact that I can repair it with scotch is awesome.. The caopy looks great still from the front. The back where there is only one layer of paper (where the mounts are, paper tends to get a bit soft from there. BUT DOES NOT LOOK BAD.

I will make another one, and see how it goes. I also have to mod my frame now with carbon rod and velcro like lee did.. I'll see how well it works with that.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ALSO.... Read about this. REMOVE YOUR TAIL FIN.. It improves your tail stability in wind. Its there literally just for looks. MSR needed it cause of CG. But this bird DOES NOT. I removed it, I was in a wind tunnel trying to fly it. and guess what never had a tail blow going into the wind. or cross.

JUST FYI.. :)

Top Bottom