Micro *****mcpx lack of power issue***** please help!!!!

Hello, Wondering if you guys can help. So far no one else has been able to. I have an mcpx v2. Almost all vertical thrust is gone. At full stick it is just enough to hover. I already replaced the main motor, tail motor, 3in1 board, blades, main gear, tail rotor, feathering shaft, batteries, increased the pitch, decreased the pitch, and still no change. The first 10 seconds it feels fine but after that it feels like the batteries are already dying. Please help, I tried everything and these things have no warranty so I'm screwed if I can't fix it. Thanks.
Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also when I give it a shot of throttle the tail always wants to kick out. I even tried swapping othe known good parts in and still no change. All my transmitter settings are correct as well. I must have went over them a hundred times and spent 200hrs trying to fix this so far, lol. I don't know what the hell is going on. Sell it and get a new one? lol I just don't know.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this question here as well. Below in the quote box is what I put in the email response to you. As for the tail kicking out, that will happen if you are giving it a lot of pitch all at once. It's known as "blowing out" the tail. Pretty much means there is more torque than the tail can withstand and correct for.

Let me know if the response below helps out. If not, we will figure something else out. If I may, where are you located?

Hey Jeff, thanks for the email. Lets see if we can't get you in the air.

First and foremost, have you made sure the main gear is pushed all the way
up? If there is any play up and down on the main shaft you will lose
positive pitch.

If that is okay then we will move on.

Take your blades and fold them in the same direction. Put on throttle hold
so the motor doesn't spin up, then flip the idle up switch and put the
throttle to mid stick. When you are at mid stick, the blades should be
exactly even. If they are not go into your sub trim menu and adjust the
pitch until they are the same. Try that and if it doesn't work move onto
the next step.

If it does work then go to full pitch and you should have about 2.5" of
gap from the top and the bottom blade, and the same for full negative. If
positive and negative are not the same go into your end point adjustment
and adjust them so you are getting aprox. 10º of pitch.

I noticed in your list of parts replaced you didn't mention servos. You
may want to take each servo off and take them apart. There is a grease in
there that is used to lube them going up and down. I would wipe all of
that off, clean the contacts with a pencil eraser and apply a small amount
of dielectric grease and put them back together. These servos will get
dirty and stop working after a while if you are flying often. This dirt
will cause the servos to twitch or stop responding.

Please let me know if any of this helps.

-Tony
RC-Help Forum

Lee

Hi Jeff,
To add to Tonys list of things, if they don't work, I would check the mesh between the main gear and pinion. If its too tight, it will drain the motor power very quickly. Did you change the motor or main gear before it started? Or did it just start doing this with no changes? All the power is trying to turn the main motor and taking it away from the tail. Thats why the tail blows out so easily. There should be a little play between the main gear and pinion. Its a very fine line to get it right. I had this issue with mine. Just moved it less than a mm and all was good again.
I hope this helps as what you described as the symptoms, sound like an exact replica of mine.
Good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom