Micro MCPX BL or 130X?

danhampson

Im in the market for a micro heli and have narrowed it down to the MCPX BL or the 130X I have a large garden to fly in and would like to hear your opinions on the two, as ive said before im pretty new to this and am just starting to do circuits, fig 8's/ banked turns (going really well on pheonix and with my 450). Im looking for something thats going to build my confidence and not going to cost a fortune when i stuff it in the ground.

Slobberdog

Hows your eye sight.... seriously the mcpx will get small really quick, my trex 100x in a 30 ft hall is hard to see which way its pointing at the full distance.

I like my 130x its a bit bigger but not to much and its a driven tail, so your authority should stay better even as the battery goes down. plus its pretty good in a bit of wind. Super Bad took his out in a good wind a few weeks ago video of which is in the video section, you wont be able to do that with the mcpx.

its all going to be about what you would prefur, and where you will use it most.

danhampson

im not a member of a club at the moment and fly my 450 @ a local field (its 3 football pitches). Im looking for something to fly in the garden (approx 150ft x 60ft) my 450 is just too big for that with the skill level i have at the moment, i am drawn towards the 130x because of the head driven tail.
I'll take a look at superbad's video that might help me decide.

Slobberdog

Think it was on page 3 and titled 130x in the wind, he did crash it in the end but it was also really quite windy

Slobberdog

I dont know why but its less affected by the wind in my garden than my 450 is, its all I am going to be using for a few weeks, and I think it was even before the 450 issues LOL, but had to discharge my batteries, lol still have to as well, never mind checker,balancer,discharger unit on the way for that job.

You will enjoy it......

xokia

I don't have the BL MCPX yet (I did just recently buy one waiting for it to arrive)
But if you are deciding between those two I would go with the 130x hands down.
The 130x has a real tail that the mcpx doesnt have. That is just my $.02

The BL mcpx is over priced IMO. For about the same amount of money I think your getting a better deal with the 130x.
The only reason I picked up the BL MCPX is because I got an almost brand new one for $150. Otherwise I would have never bought one.

Last edited:

danhampson

Thanks xokia i had pretty much already made my mind up and its the 130x mainly because of the proper tail drive. Im going to place my order in the morning after work and it should we with me on saturday. Going to order some kdbb main and tail blades along with a couple of extra batterys. Looking forward to having something smaller to fly in the garden, hopefully will be able to get alot more stick time in.

Slobberdog

Order the o ring upgrade set as well for the extra 3 quid or so, it really tightens everything up, where you gonna get the heli from,

I got the KBDD blades and o ring set from Align-trex.co.uk

danhampson

Done order placed with midland helis. Ive ordered the 130X KBDD main and tail blades, 2 overlander batteries and a set of Rakonheli O rings. It will be with me on saturday coming with UPS.

heli-maniac

sorry hadnt been keeping up with this i have been on mass rebuild of the 450
hard to really say off my video of the 130xxx because its on steroids and modded to the max
but any way yes the 130 x is a great heli you may have to do a few small mods to get were you like it but it is a great little heli
fly it like it is and only really upgrade the parts that you are braking the most

Tony

Staff member
I have not read this thread and don't need to. 130x all the way. the mcpxBL is WAY over priced for what it is. $20 more you can get the 130 that is bigger, stronger, and much more stable. Not to mention the TT tail and not the brushed motor tail.

Karubah

Yes agree with Tony. I have the Mcpx bl and it is damn quick and overpriced for what it is. Should have gone for the 130x,you live and learn.lol cheers Andy

Tony

Staff member
Karubah, I have the original mcpx that I have put a carbon frame on with an HP05 brushless motor, over $300 invested in it. Wish I would have left it stock and purchased the 130x as well when it came out (quite a while later lol).

Top Bottom