Micro MCPX BL Goes crazy

wtowns

Hi! Guys
I have an mcpx bl that I have been flying for a while now. Had a few minor crashes, with very little damage. Things like landing gear, linkages, the main shaft split once. But the last half a dozen flights it will be flying normally (no 3D stuff) but it will suddenly go crazy. It is not just a tail spin, it seems to go right out of control. Bit hard to explain what it does really. Has any one had this experience and if so, did you find out why? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. Warren

murankar

Staff member
Normally for issues like this its best said in a video. My guess would be the 5 in 1 could be going bad. I have never owned one so I can't say for sure. I know tony has/had one so he might know. Lee also owned one he too might be able to help.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

wtowns

Thanks Murankar. Not sure how I would get a video, it is such a random thing. If it is the 5 in 1 controller I may as well just get another heli...but I think I will wait and try the new blade 180cfx and see if it is ok. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
The MCPX has an issue with the servos getting dirty and causing reactions like this. Pretty much, dirt gets on teh contacts as well as in the gear (and worm gear) and causes it to stick. The dirt on teh contacts will cause it to lose contact, and thus the helicopter will give a sudden movement to that servo causing it to jerk the helicopter. I was having a twitch issue with my regular mcpx. I replaced the servos with another mcpx that I had sitting here (matt left it here hahaha) and it cured my issues. Might be worth a try and it's surely cheaper than a new helicopter or even a board.

Top Bottom