Micro mCP-X Problems

martin18152

I purchased the helicopter about a year ago, it had the V1 board, I flew it a couple times, and broke the main rotor shaft. Bought a new shaft, and started flying this spring. Over time the heli started acting strangely , it would lose control and flitter to the ground when it got 30 yards away, over time it got progressively worse, until it would happen at 20 feet. I bought a new V2 board at the local hobby shop. I started up the heli, and it seemed to fly for a min or two, then it really acted strangely, the rotor would stop turning, but all the controls worked. IF I put in a fresh battery, It would seem to work for a few seconds, then the rotor would stop.

murankar

Staff member
Re: CPMx problems

Sounds like it could be the motor. Have you noticed any unusual heating of it? How long did you wait between battery changes? Have you checked the wires to the motor to ensure there is no visible damage or loose? I would recommend trying a new motor and see if the new one does the same thing. If it does then you know it's not the motor. I have a feeling that the motor is bad.

Tony

Staff member

Sounds like it could be the motor. Have you noticed any unusual heating of it? How long did you wait between battery changes? Have you checked the wires to the motor to ensure there is no visible damage or loose? I would recommend trying a new motor and see if the new one does the same thing. If it does then you know it's not the motor. I have a feeling that the motor is bad.

I concur...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep the motor is bad. Have had that happen to mine too.

If you have had the bird a while, and benn Flying around and crashing it, look for a servo jitter .. It should come in even just when you are moving it around with your hand ... If so clean your servos. That's a good practice to do but only if needed.

Your v1 might not have been bad... Replace the motor and see how it flies... Then check your v1 too.. You still have it or have you thrown it away?

Lee

Before you change the motor. Check the pinion to Main gear mesh. If its too tight the motor will die. I just did this with a BL motor. Battery would die after 30 seconds. Pinion gear mesh was too tight. moved the motor back by 1/2 a mm and power was restored.

martin18152

thanks guys, I will give it try on the motor. I still have the V1 board, I was told the V1 is the only one that can get brushless motor upgrade kit, so if its still good, its worth something, that V2 board cost me $62.

The pinion could be tight, that would be a cheap fix.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

thats not true.. v1 is great on BL and so is V2.. I got v2 brushless.. yes V2 is a bit sensitive to vibration but fixed easily with gyro tape install. :) so both your boards are good to use! nice that you have both now! :) :)

as lee said, you can change the gear mesh if its too tight somehow.. but brushed motors have a tendency to die.. so check your current gear mesh, and see if you got enough.. if you dont know how much is enough.. make a little simple video of the gear and pinion and post here we all will help :)

Tony

Staff member

He will have to have a really good camera to get that close to see the mesh.

Lee

Hold the main gear and turn it from side to side without the motor pinion moving. If you have a tiny amount of play between the gear and pinion, then you should be good.

martin18152

I purchased a new motor, the radio binds to the heli, if I apply throttle, the main rotor and tail rotor spins up, all the controls seem to work, but when I throttle down, if I go below the mid stick position, the rotor will stop as soon as I drop below the mid stick throttle position, the blue light starts blinking, the rotor and tail rotor stop, all the control surfaces seem to work. If I pull the battery and put it back in, the same thing happens all over again. I have a feeling that the problem was not the motor, and something more complicated? I don't think I put and mother board plugs in backward, I color coded their positions.

any help is appreciated, thanks

Tony

Staff member

What is the condition of the battery? This sounds like a bad battery to me. At least this is the exact same thing it does when a battery is too low.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If servos are clean and tail motor doesn't have a short then battery is the next guess.

Disconnect tail motor and try again.

martin18152

new tail rotor- the upgrade longer one, all batteries are good, it will run for a long time, as long as you do no lower the throttle below half. I am thinking about putting the old board back in to see what happens. The servos are as steady as a rock.

martin18152

I connected the old v1 board, and it seems to work on the bench. Is there different setting in the radio for the new board? I have not field tested the heli. If it flys ok in the field , it most likely was the motor, but I think I may have gotten a bad board.

martin18152

I just field tested the unit, and it flys great, control is better than ever, seems to rotate counter clockwise faster than it did before the new motor. Im guessing that it was a bad motor, but , it seem like I have a bad V2 board. Any thoughts?

Lee

Good news. If the V2 board is faulty then send it back to HH for replacement. You can then keep it as a spare or sell it.

Top Bottom