Mayday! Protos Down

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Can someone say :eek1: big Bee...I flew my plane and went thru 2 flights on my heli with no problems on the third flight just before hitting TH to land, low and behold in my face he showed up and freaked the living "you know" out of me and my bird ended on its side. this little Bee cost me my edge blades, main shaft, feather shaft, 1 blade grip and my beautiful canopy. Aww the pain!

P6150003.jpgP6150004.jpgP6150005.jpg

:evil:

P6150003.jpg

P6150004.jpg

P6150005.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
Bummer dude .... sorry to hear your run in with nature.... the Bee was just showing you his close quarters hovering skills!!

hope you get her in the air soon!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
LMAO! it kept coming... he sure can hover, lucky I have two PROTOS. heading to the field today for Fathers Day fun fly. Whoo! Hoo! and yes I will be looking out for that Bee. Going to send the "GOBLIN" after him.

Lee

Sorry to see that dude. I'm sure you killed some of his mates with those edge blades and he was just getting you back.

Tony

Staff member
You should have come down this weekend, we would have put both heli's in the air. Hell who knows, I might have put the 600 in the air just to test the mechanics... lol.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
All good fellas! Flew the other Protos today. its been awhile since I flew it and for some reason it does not have the same punch as the other one.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Protos down again...I got her all fixed up and ready for the weekend. Did my after crash check of everything and all was good, so I thought. first batt was warmup with FF circles and fig 8's. on my second batt did my first barrel roll and "pop" the linkage arm broke off right where it meets the plastic for the ball, you can see the blade just flapping around in the air. it was so loud everyone in the field thought the blade was going to come off. SL did not help me here lol. Heli flew into some tall grass which basically saved me some money. Extent of damage will be replace main/feather shaft, 2xblade grip, all linkage(to be sure), bearings, tail boom, belt, frame(small crack) and two servo's. my lesson learned..is to inspect all links no matter what.

P6220008.jpgP6220009.jpg

P6220008.jpg

P6220009.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Wow, you broke the metal linkage and the plastic is still in one piece? Talk about odd. These are the crashes that I hate (mechanical failure) but also know are hard to catch. Good luck on the build.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Wow, you broke the metal linkage and the plastic is still in one piece? Talk about odd. These are the crashes that I hate (mechanical failure) but also know are hard to catch. Good luck on the build.

they are, I hate the fact that I had extra and didn't replace any.:banghead:

Tony

Staff member
No need to beat yourself up over that one. Who checks something that is made of solid steel? lol. No one would think to look for a micro crack in those, I know I never have.

Top Bottom