May Day May Day bird down....

Slobberdog

Well it had to happen sometime, was in our sports hall which is quite large up about 20ft and trying to test out my self level, well done 4 or 5 adjustments and was not really getting anywhere, so releveled the gyro and tried again, well I got flustered and hit idle up switch instead of self level switch and before I could get full control fighting against the self level I stripped the thread from one of my swash turn buckle links (Helioptions), and well that was the end of that, hit throttle hold, had about as much control as possible managed to get it down to about 3ft but run out of fwd room and hit the wall, DOH.

The damage,:sad0147:

Main and tail blades,
Servo gear set,
Landing gear,
And the bleeding link that failed,

And the evidence

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Parts needed on order, so will be back in the air by Thursday, lucky I did not have the canopy on,

Taking this opportunity to give her a good service and try to get all the vibes out, ordered some more Ikon gel tape as the brain is on with Align foam at the moment and I don't think that was helping, not a good vibe damper,

Glad I was the only person flying and everyone was behind me 40ft away from the impact, :sad0147::sad0147:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Dirk it had to happen one day, part my fault for not taking the thing outside to do the work, but there was footy out there and I wanted to get it sorted out,

One day I will learn not to be impatient,

danhampson

sorry to hear that mate. as graham said it could have been worse. That gyro gel stuff helps loads with the self leveling.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Slobberdog

Bird checked all over, and the damage seems to have been contained to the blades and skids, I took my servo apart cleaned all the gears to check which had gone and could not see much in the way of damage at all, used known good gears to check the mesh of the one I thought were rough and they were ok, servo feels good but not quite perfect, have new on here to put in if it feels rough after a test hover,

Main and feathering shafts are perfect,

The link that de threaded has been replaced with a stock link, until I can get the ball ends the stock one will stay there,

A closer look at some of the damage

image.jpg

image.jpg

And as she stands now, ready for the bits I have ordered, at that point I will change the gyro tape

image.jpg

Tried a quick spool up, and even at full throttle well 70% in norm mode! no vibes that I could feel, oh and the black umbrella gears are perfect, not even a mark on them

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

treff

A bugger Kev but not to bad. Another lesson learned. It's always difficult setting up with new electronic, it's
not knowing what to expect is half the problem. Good luck with the repair.

Slobberdog

Waiting game now Treff, impatience is a bitch buddy, but it's up to Fastlads now to how quick I can finish,

Slobberdog

bit boxy for my liking Lee, surprised by what I got away with, gutted that most of the problem was a stripped eye end but glad it went in a controlled space and not from 60Ft up in da air

Slobberdog

Yes good to see yer boxing clever but it will never take off, boom! boom!

lol treff,

gutted I ordered black blades and they were in fact out of stock, so I have had to have the blue blades instead, but on the positive side I will report back to you guys and let you know if I can tell the difference, supposedly they are a bit more soft so will not be as snappy as the black blades, but we will see,

on another note how do you get the Ikon gel gyro mounting stuff off the backing without messing it up.

treff

Your lucky Kev. Looks like I've been ripped off to the tune of £300. I'm gutted. I will have to sell the agile 5.5 kit because I can not afford
to buy more servos and stuff. Old story, should have checked before buying. Only thing to say is Bo--acks to it.

treff

Spent me money got nought. No one answers e-mails and the phone is off the hook so it doesn't look very good. I'll give it a few more days. I wont
name the company yet, maybe I'm getting paranoid but my gut feeling is that I'm not going to see my bits. Hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom