May 24th Oklahoma Tornado Outbreakthe outlo

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. I'm sure that most of you don't know of the tornados that just hit out here. These were horrible tornados, but is something that we are used to here in Oklahoma. Right now, there is a young girl that is missing and they are searching a lake trying to find her. This outbreak has taken homes, and completely wiped them out. Nothing but a foundation is left on some of these places. Not even a single board. And these are brick houses, not mobile homes.

It's simply amazing how many people came out of nowhere and started helping those that had their homes hit. I mean, the tornados just cleared the places and people were showing up to help. just amazing.

I was able to see the tornado that was heading towards my house and the thing was huge. We are talking 1/4 mile wide or so. I was looking out at it seeing if it was heading this way and had already gotten everyone ready to head to the shelter. Yes, I have a storm shelter here in my yard just for this reason. When I knew that it was not coming here, and was going to pass west and north of me, I went in and got the camera. by the time I got back outside, the tornado had lifted and was nothing but a funnel. It's amazing just how fast they can form, and disipate.

So, we are safe here although it was a very close call. Not quite as close as last year, but still close. I have not looked at the video yet on the computer, but if it's worth showing, I will post it up. Lets just hope that they find this young child although the outlook is not good right now.

there are a number of injuries and quite a few deaths even though we had a LOT of warning that this was going to happen. An outbreak like this doesn't happen often, but when it does, they warn us quite well ahead of time.

Whirlybird

I dozed off today Tony right after dinner . . . just woke up and saw the news of the OK tornado. My first thought was hoping that you and yours was ok! Glad to hear it :arms:

We had one come through here 15 years ago about a mile west of me, I was at work, my wife was driving home with our middle daughter, while our oldest ran the little one down into the sauna . . . scary times :yikes:

Tony

Staff member
No no, it's "Oklahoma TornadoSSSSS" hahaha. There were at least 4 huge long track tornados that hit, with the first being way west of me. I think it's great, but I don't think it's great when my family is involved.

L PLATER

We have seen some footage of those twisters here in Australia and they are very frightening and very dangerous.
Keep your head down and stay safe, all of you guys that may be affected we need you to hang a round for a long time yet.

Cheers and good luck

Glenn

Top Bottom