General Master Cp Ptcrv

Capn Pete

I have my Devo7 TX set to factory settings. I notice when I throttle up, it has a tremendous amount of negative pitch till about mid stick. Then it's only moderate positive pitch till 100% throttle. Am I right is adjusting PTCRV to address this pitch issue? It was set at -15% at P-L. The others are INH till P-M.
Would it be better to have 0% at P-L and maybe have a little positive pitch at P-1 or -2? P-M is at 25%. Should I raise that a bit so it doesn't just jump up when I get above mid stick? P-H is at 55%. is that enough to get it off the ground easily?
I'm not looking to do 3D right now. I just want to get it airborne and fly it around for now.

murankar

Staff member
First thing is that you are in "idle up" mode, spektrum terminology. Your going to have negative pitch up to mid stick.

If you switch it to normal mode then you should have a regular pitch curve suited for upright flight only. To be honest it doesn't really matter what flight mode you in. You should get used to being in idle up mode. Give you more options for flying later on.

In theory you could change the range of your pitch curve. Personally I would just leave it and learn to fly it like that.

Capn Pete

First thing is that you are in "idle up" mode, spektrum terminology. Your going to have negative pitch up to mid stick.

If you switch it to normal mode then you should have a regular pitch curve suited for upright flight only. To be honest it doesn't really matter what flight mode you in. You should get used to being in idle up mode. Give you more options for flying later on.

In theory you could change the range of your pitch curve. Personally I would just leave it and learn to fly it like that.
Understood. Thanks.

Admiral

What's a good way to check blade tracking and how do you adjust for it?

If your your pitch is setup correctly with both blades the same at around zero at 50% throttle your pitch should be OK. (Some people recommend slight negative pitch at zero.)

To check I colour one of the blade tips with RED whiteboard marker then bring my helicopter up to eye level with a light surface in the back ground. Eyeball the blades you will able to see if tracking is out and which blade is high, if it is out you need to adjust the blade grip links until you only see one blade.

In reality that is how I used to do it when a started out, now days with FBL and digital pitch gauges, I set it up on the bench then go and fly I rarely ever have to make any adjustments.

Capn Pete

If your your pitch is setup correctly with both blades the same at around zero at 50% throttle your pitch should be OK. (Some people recommend slight negative pitch at zero.)

To check I colour one of the blade tips with RED whiteboard marker then bring my helicopter up to eye level with a light surface in the back ground. Eyeball the blades you will able to see if tracking is out and which blade is high, if it is out you need to adjust the blade grip links until you only see one blade.

In reality that is how I used to do it when a started out, now days with FBL and digital pitch gauges, I set it up on the bench then go and fly I rarely ever have to make any adjustments.
I had set it on the table and used the tip of my TX antenna as an aiming point. I set the height of the antenna even with one of the blades. The other blade came across high. But which one do I adjust? Is one too high or is the other too low? Does it matter which I adjust? (Of course it was not running and throttle was ar 0%.) So do I hold it while it's running to do the check? And again do I adjust the high one or the low one?
I was trying to check my feathering shaft, but cannot get the screws out. I tried the allen wrench that came with the heli and one in a set I have, but to no avail. The 1.5MM worked fine on the blade screws, but not on the shaft screws. I assume if the feathering shaft is damaged, that will affect the tracking.
Also trying to change the tail rotor. THAT set screw is so small, I can't even see the hole. Hmm. Have no idea how I'll approach that one. It's way smaller than a 1.5MM.

Admiral

Hi Capn Pete, the instructions I gave work well on 450 size not so sure about on the Master CP. Do you have the manual, it gives pretty good instructions on blade tracking.
I can't find anything on the feathering shaft and do they supply an exploded view of the helicopter that would give you a better idea how it goes together ?

Capn Pete

Hi Capn Pete, the instructions I gave work well on 450 size not so sure about on the Master CP. Do you have the manual, it gives pretty good instructions on blade tracking.
I can't find anything on the feathering shaft and do they supply an exploded view of the helicopter that would give you a better idea how it goes together ?
The manual is a CD. I'll have to go back thru it and see. I had it out to look thru it, but work got in the way. Don't ya just hate it when work interferes with fun?Been thru the manual on the TX. Had no idea these CP helis were so complicated. It's like a video game. I know I can do it and do it better!Damnit!

murankar

Staff member
Set the throttle stick to mid stick. You will need a 0 to 100 curve in pitch.

Adjust the blades to 0° pitch or as close as you can. Then you should track fine.

Capn Pete

Set the throttle stick to mid stick. You will need a 0 to 100 curve in pitch.

Adjust the blades to 0° pitch or as close as you can. Then you should track fine.
Sounds good. If my feathering shaft is damaged, that'll affect pitch, right? Couldn't get to it with the tools on hand to check it out.

murankar

Staff member
Yes it could. All you have to do is use your hex driver and spin the shaft. If the blade grips wobble it's bent.

Top Bottom