General Master Cp Help Needed

ron

Hi i Ron
I have 8 years experiance with RC nitro boats, very limited with the latest item (Master Cp) i really need someone that is willing to walk me thru flying and radio instructions

BOKI

Hi Ron; Welcome to the site we have some great RC guy's on the site who can help you! I'm just new in RC so I don't know very much yet or I would help you! The Best & talk to you again hope soon!

Last edited:

ron

Hi Ron; Welcome to the site we have some great RC guy's on the site who can help you! I'm just new in RC so I don't know very much yet or I would help you! The Best & talk to you again hope soon! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Im new my self to the heli world, but it looks like a good chalange, what do you have?

BOKI

I have a 120sr & a Trex 450 Se V2 not good at flying yet but sure love Rc helicopters & planes!

ron

i went for the Walkera master cp, i think i may be in a little over my head, but i got a lot of extra replacement parts

- - - Updated - - -

wow i just noticed your some what close to me im in Orland

murankar

Staff member
Ok here is how I started in flying rc helicopters.
I am going to skip over my first two toys and go straight to my mcx. I got my Blade mcX RTF from an LHS and it was all fun from there. Since it was an RTF I had everything in the box I needed to fly, easy way to get started. Next I bought the Blade 120sr BNF kit. I used the stock 4 channel from my mcX and things were happy for about two weeks when I got my DX5e. Once I got that set up I started to learn to fly that thing. I was able to get it into forward flight and when it was new it screamed, for me did. From there I advanced to CCPM with my EXI and the shortly after that my MS Heli Protos Mini. While I was building my EXI I ordered Realflight basic so I could get used to flying CCPM.

When I went out to start flying I used carbon fiber training gear on my EXI until I felt comfortable with hovering. I recommend that you use the gear till you feel comfortable hovering in all 4 orientations. Finally get out there and give yourself one big crash while learning. This will kill your nerves and get you over the biggest hump, your first crash. Take offs are optional but landings are mandatory.

First step in flying is the basic hover, first hover right in front of youself at about 3 or 4 feet in the air. work on keeping the training gear in side a box the size just bigger than your foot print of the gear. next work on hovering 10 feet in front of yourself then 10 feet to the left and then 10 feet to the right. It is best to use some kind of wood squares that are about the same size as your training gear once installed. you will need 6 of them, one at 12 o'clock one at 3 o'clock one at 6 o'clock one at 9 o'clock on in the center and one 10 feet below 6 o'clock. Now you will place the center one first and then measure 10 feet in all four directions and place a pad in each location. now place the last one 10 feet below 6 o'clock. That is your basic training area, if you opt for the training gear fly in a large parking lot.

Again watch rc help's youtube channel for the flight school.

ron

i did go thru tonys training school for a couple hrs and learned alot, i have all ready crashed at least 10 times, i think most of the problem is i need to set up the heli correct, i had to change servos 2 times all ready. i have on order some steel gear servos, and i wll need to find a correct pitch gauge for my Master cp, and i need to find out a bought the flight mode switch on the devo 7 radio when it is used and not used,sorry but this is a learning curve for me , any help is greatly appreciated

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the beginner help section since we don't allow questions in the introduction section. Below is what I posted in your other thread. Please only post your question once on the forum. I'm only on here in the middle of the night whille I'm at work, so it may take a bit for me to get here. But I will answer questions more on here than I do on youtube.

From other thread.

Hey Ron, I was hoping someone on here would have had this heli and could help you out more than I could. I don't own this heli, and until I googled it, I never even knew it existed. With that said, I will do what I can to help you out in getting it flying.

From what I googled on the bird, it comes RTF. Meaning everything should be there for it to fly. The Tx should be programmed and the heli close to being setup. so the program should be there for it to get in the air.

However, if this is your first heli, I suggest getting something like the mQX or mSR to start out on. Collective pitch is VERY HARD to fly and if you are having troubles controlling it, you may need to back down to a fixed pitch and practice with that. Also if you don't have one, get a sim. It will help you out a lot in learning what the heli can do and will do when in the air.

If you have other questions, post them up. As stated, I will do my best to get you in the air. Hope this helps.

taizi

hi Ron
youve made the right choice with the master cp, its a good one to start on, i have just bought the V120D02s which is much the same but with a few extras and my flying has come on so much since because of how stable it is
ive been flying for about a year with my 250/300/ and recently a 450 and i lack abit of confidence because i cant always afford the repairs lol, but saying that im fairly competent now and have got to the stage where i can face all directions during flight which is the key, the hardest thing is nose in flight and believe me its a thrill when you actually do it
if you watched the vids your already half way there, the rest is practice
im still learning myself and each time i fly, i always go through basic movements in each direction (like warming up) it gives me a chance just to quickly check that the heli is still setup ok and doing what it should

one piece of good advice i can give one learner to another is take time to learn and understand the setup process and also what the transmitter can do to help you, tony's vids are really valuable here, you may know this already but if you go into the settings of the transmitter and go to dr/expo you can adjust how far the swashplate travels and how sensitive the controls will be while flying
the DR is the amount of travel the swashplate has, to explain turn on the dx7 go to dr/expo and then select DR you should now be able to change the values from 100-0, with two positions selected by the matching switch on the top of the tx, if you select position 1 and then reduce the value down to about 80% on elevator/aileron/and rudder, then unplug two wires from the motor and then power the heli up, you should now see the if you push the elevator full forward and then switch the elevator switch to position 1 the swashplate will raise slightly meaning there is less overall movement making the heli less jumpy, the same for each other direction inc rudder

the expo is the sensitivity of the sticks, they should be at "line" or "inhibit" as standard but if you then change the value to + and a number ( i usually set to +40) you should find that the speed at which the heli now moves in each direction should be slower and less twitchy, the higher the number in the + range means the less twitchy the heli becomes and its the opposite in the negative range

i usually set position 0 at 100% DR and +20-+40 expo, and then in position 1 i have 60-80% DR (depending on how agile the heli is) and again about 40% expo, i have found this helps to get used to flying in a more controlled manner but the option to switch for more attitude is there at a flick of a switch and also for when its windy and you need abit more punch from the controls to combat gusts and drifting

sorry this is abit of a read but it might help
paul

Top Bottom