450 Making progress on project but...........

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, I've drew up blueprints for my 450 CH-54 to scale. Problem is I can't transfer to this site. The uploaded file is too large for the server to process. Wanted to show you what it looks like and fuselage size comparison to the main frame. Any ideas are welcome :peaceful:

RandyDSok

I want to point out that the version ( 3.7 ) of Photoscape is made for versions of Windows that are version 8 or older... for newer versions like Windows 10, they recommend their Photoscape X which can be found on the developers website here... PhotoScape X for Mac and Windows 10

Here is the developers website for v3.7 here PhotoScape

I always, when possible, only link to the programs actual website. Using 3rd party websites that distribute software are out of the dev's hands and in some cases can result with additional adware or spyware getting installed. The other advantage, anytime a new version is made and released, you don't have to wait on the 3rd party site to update their pages, you get the info directly from the dev's.

Just to point it out... the size limitation is refering to the physical file size and not the resolution size.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
First of all, D.O.G. and RandyDSok thank you for your advice and it's very much appreciated :peaceful: Enclosed are the photos of my dream project. The first is one, Brother Rackman sent me that might consider in changing from military pod carrier to fire fighter helicopter that dumps water on wild fires. The second photo is my first draft of the bird it self. The lower left of the plan what looks like an arrow head is two sections of the landing gear supports. I just drew them together. The fuselage is four inches wide and each landing part is four inches. So for a total of twelve inches that's the clearance between the rear wheel wells. Next is a picture of a Vietnam era CH54 Skycrane and the last showing a 450 main frame over the blue print. Have already ordered the 5 blade main rotor head and know the real bird carried 6 blades but that's fine by me. No one at present makes a 450 6 blade head. If I choose to go with the fire fighter vision I paint it in the colors San Francisco Fire Department (went there for graduate school and earned my masters) or San Diego Fire Department. Either way to honor our fire fighters in which my son is one :arms: Another deep consideration for the latter is the shape of the main blades I found on ebay that weren't used in the 60s/70s Skycrane. These are 315mm long and the tips are about 30-45 degrees left angle. What you'll see on the Blackhawk Helicopter today and figure they would look good on my bird. I'll send you a photo soon.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220215_141401.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220215_141401.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220221_163836_resized.jpg
    20220221_163836_resized.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220221_084653_resized.jpg
    20220221_084653_resized.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220226_152128_resized.jpg
    20220226_152128_resized.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Here's the blade I'm looking at, they are not carbon fiber or glass. But made from plastic your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220301_174632_resized_1 (2).jpg
    20220301_174632_resized_1 (2).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 4

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I appreciate your comments :hdbng:. Taking my time and will shorten the height of the cab by 1/2" from the bottom, looks a little too big. Made this observation after looking at photo you sent me.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
After giving it much thought, the color scheme will be RED, White & Blue. Also decided to make decals and name the helicopter " United States Fire Department". It's number will be 343 to honor the fire fighters will died 9/11 in the World Trade Center. I was born and grew up on the Lower East Side and almost lost my sister who worked in the towers. So this is very personal to me.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
just got my new blades in. Real nice and steady for not being carbon fiber/glass. They are 342.9mm long and not 315mm as advertise.

Top Bottom