Projects Making It All Work

Antonio

Hi guys, new to this help site and glad to be here. As an A&P I decided to get into the RC world and build a helicopter since I started on helicopters when I got the in business. I purchased a Bergen Intrepid gasser, installed a Bavarian Demon Axon stabilization system, and installed two satellite receivers made by spektrum, since the the Axon could accommodate such feature (so no, no main receiver installed). I also purchased a spektrum dx8 gen 2 as the transmitter, and this is where it started getting tough to understand. though I managed to bind the transmitter with the gyro system/receiver assembly, separating the servos to respond to individual commands has been a challenge. This particular helicopter has 1 servo to activate the collective pitch; 2 servos for the cyclic; 1 for throttle and 1 for the tail. can someone please explain how to make the servos respond to the appropriate commands?

Smoggie

Is the heli flybarless?

anyway, you would need to set the FBL for mechanical mixing in the swash type. Transmitter needs to be set to ‘single servo’ swash type

Antonio

But thank you. The only mixing I see needed is the throttle and collective servos. The rest can be done without mixing

Smoggie

But thank you. The only mixing I see needed is the throttle and collective servos. The rest can be done without mixing

That's my point, with a heli that has mechanical mixing like yours has, there is no requirement for mixing of the collective servos (a.k.a. CCPM mixing). Mechanical mixing comes from an era before transmitters had electronic CCPM mixing capability.
The swash type in the Tx must be set to 'single servo' or 'normal' which disables CCPM mixing. The swash type in the FBL must also be set to mechanical mixing (assuming this is an available option). Not all FBL controller support mechanical mixing as it's a system that is quite outdated these days.

You shouldn't need any mixing on the throttle either, that's all done though throttle curves in your Tx flight modes settings.

If it's a flybar heli I wonder why you are using a flybarless controller?.. Just to use the self levelling stabilisation features maybe?

Last edited:

Antonio

Thank you Smoggie for I am quiet ignorant of this new world of advanced electronics when it comes to RC. But I’m here to stay and make it happen. When you speaking controller I’m assuming you’re talking about the demon axon, yes? If so. Decided to go with it to further stabilize the flight as I learn to fly this thing when time comes.

Smoggie

Yes, the Axon is a flybarless controller (FBL for short). Normally used on helis that don’t have flybars, hence the name.
Some do have a mode for operation with a flybar, I’m not sure about the Axon

Antonio

As far as I have learned, the Axon does have a flybar mode. Thank you Smoggie

Last edited:
Top Bottom