FBL Gyro Make your own IKON Bluetooth connection for about $11 each

bladecrasher

Can I use the wiring diagram to connect my micro Ikon to a USB cable for laptop use? I ordered the BT card via ebay from a Chinese vendor also, but that will take a few weeks to arrive.

Tony

Staff member
No, the USB has a different wiring profile than the bluetooth. That thing doesn't have an USB port? Very interesting. I would wait for the adapter to get there. If you feel 5v into the wrong pin, you will fry the gyro.

rcpsycho1

Have been researching for a couple days now on how to make my own micro Ikon BT module that I've read about. This thread is the best that I've found so far. About the connectors used in the diagram, are both the small and large connectors silver side up or is just the large? The photo just confused me some. Oh and last thing, this same unit can be used on a micro Ikon, right? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Staff member
Here is a video on installing the bluetooth adapter to the Ikon. And as long as you have the port available, it should work. As for "silver side up", I'm not sure what you mean.

rcpsycho1

Here is a video on installing the bluetooth adapter to the Ikon. And as long as you have the port available, it should work. As for "silver side up", I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am referring to the schematic attached to this thread that shows how someone put together their own blue tooth module for use on the Ikon unit. I just need to know if both the small and large connectors are silver side up? https://www.rc-help.com/attachments/img_8807_3-jpg.9590/ Thanks again!

Tony

Staff member
The plugs that are used have offset pins, so they will only plug in one way. On the module, it will plug in as shown in the picture. On the ikon (at least the ones that I have done) the plug is sideways and I can't remember right off what way the pins face, but again it will only fit in one way.

Bny

This has been very useful. Now I can set up my micro ikon with my tablet at the field. I wonder if there is a blue tooth module compatible with IOS.

Tony

Staff member
Glad we could help out. As for the other part your post, I'm not sure. Shortly after this post (a year or two), pretty much every company started making everything with bluetooth, or some type of remote connect, so didn't look into it any further. If you locate something, definitely let us know.

Admiral

I wonder if there is a blue tooth module compatible with IOS.
No there is not, only genuine iKon modules work with IOS. Its an Apple licensing issue, MSH pay for the license the smaller companies like CRIUS don't.
Well not that I've been able to find or heard of.

Top Bottom