500 Main gear washers

trainrider06

Ok I decided to replace the main gear on my 500 TRex, the other one to me was questionable....
Two things I noticed (mind you this is a second hand 500 that I traded for) one the washer between the main gear and the tail drive gear was missing. I replaced it out of the screw kit I ordered from Align with the proper
washer. So I installed the gear, and noticed that the main gear seems to ride pretty high....and looking at the mesh between the main gear and pinon its riding high on my pinion...the main gear assembly seems to be kinda sloppy also. I have the correct washer also installed on the top bearing on the bearing block (top)
Am i missing something here? I checked out the manual, and the only 2 washers I see in the shaft/gear assembly are the one between main and drive gear and the one that rests on the top bearing block....something just doesn't seem right here....

murankar

Staff member
Actually the pics are just a starting point. You need to shim as needed. Slop can develop at different rates on different kits. So I would add a shim and see what happens.

I had to add all three shims to my main gear on my quai to get the play out.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom