450 Main Blade Bolts & Jesus Bolt

sarconastic

I have a simple question. the bolts that shipped with my Hausler 450 for the main blades when installed into the Nylock nuts just barely screw into the nylon parts of the nut. Not liking the length, I feel they should be more into the nylon. If I snug them down to what I think is too tight for the blades then they will protrude just a little past the nylon. I am wondering if I got too shot of bolts or if the blades I got are too think maybe. If some one could measure the length of their bolts from inside the head to the tip with a caliper and even the thickness of the main blade that slides inside the blade holder. I would appreciate it. I can use lock tight on the nut of course but it still makes me nervous.

Also on the Jesus bolt for the under side of the gears the instructions says tighten the nylon insert nut. It did not come with a Nylock but, Should I replace this one or just use a lot of locktight here as well.

thanks

Woody

Graham Lawrie

Re: Main Blade Bolts & Jesus Bolt

Woody 2 minutes and I will give you the size on mine:) thread lock would be fine:)

- - - Updated - - -

Manual says M3 x 16

- - - Updated - - -

Mine are 18 and are through the nylon by one thread:)

Lee

I never had a nylon bolt under the main gear, it was always a standard nut that i put a dab of thread lock on.
If the Blades were too thick, they wouldn't fit in the grips. Probably the bolts are a little short.
Don't have one here to measure. I'm sure someone will help.

Edit: Graham beat me to it :D

sarconastic

Kewl thanks for the replies, Will check it when I get home. Just got a text I am getting more deliveries today, it is either the Gyro, A tazer I ordered for the wife, or a new V911 I ordered for my sons fathers day gift from his daughter. 2 out of three are fun. The other not so much if she gets mad.
Woody

Last edited:

sarconastic

Just checked mine and they are 16.6mm total length but only 13 from inside the head to the tip. Thinking I will order a new set for it just to be safe.

Oh BTW, today's package was the Tazer, So It is be nice to wife week in Iowa.

WOody

Last edited:

cml001

Re: Main Blade Bolts & Jesus Bolt

Mine are M2x12 socket head at the head and the gear for both of mine.. 450pro dfc.. They don't stick out the far side too much at all.. Maybe 1mm or 2mm. Regular nut.. Loctite it. As for the blade bolts, M3x16 socket head with nyloc nut. I add loctite to this on too.. Some say it eats the nylon but.. I do it anyhow with no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom