Projects Maiden flight

westray

Well got the maiden flight in this morning on the trainer. 3 flights in total. Flew great from the very start with very little trim required. Nice gentle flights on about 2/3 throttle with an 1100kv motor and a 10x5 prop. I only flew it for 10 mins on each battery but think I could probably get more,I will check the battery state when I get home. Glides very well dead stick. Will try and post a video when I can get a cameraman. Your suggestion of four AA batteries as ballast workedd great. Thanks once again for a great set of plans,I can see myself having great fun with this plane.

Tony

Staff member
Dude that is great to hear. Sounds like you are getting some great flight times out of it as well. I did a test on mine and I could just barely squeeze out 10 minutes on a 2200 battery. Are you running a bigger one? I could check the other thread, but this way is easier lol.

And speaking of the trainer, I just pulled the one down from the videos to show a cousin that came down. Really makes me want to fly it lol. Too bad I don't have any batteries for it lol.

westray

I am using a 2200 battery. When I checked the batteries ,before charging,they were all sitting around the 11.7v mark so 10 minutes I would say is abot right for the flight time.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, that is some great flight times on that pack with that much voltage left. 3.7 volts per cell would be 11.1 so you could fly longer if you wanted. I ran my packs down to 3.2 or 3.4 per cell if I remember right. Don't quote me on that though lol.

Top Bottom