450 Maiden Crash

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
As some of you know, I wracked up my heli this weekend trying to get it to fly. I wrecked it just trying to hover. I'm glad I have training gear on it or it would not have lasted nearly as long as it did ;) In the process I bent the crap out of my feathering shaft, stripped out a servo, and busted the blades. I had spares of everything except for the servo, so I ordered a new set ... yah, now that I'm trying I cannot remember the model. Tony knows as he recommended them. They should be here by Friday. That's how long it took for my spare parts to get here from HobbyPartz. Hopefully it won't take too long for the 2.4GHz Tx to get here from HobbyKing. We'll see ... that should be a fun experience. Anyway, I've got all the damage fixed except for the servo. I'll keep you posted. My subsequent flight attempts will be recorded, so hopefully it should be fun as well as educational for anyone who might be looking for the first time :chuckles: My first video seems to have been a big hit (well, I think my daughter was the real hit there, lol).

Tony

Staff member
Paulster2's Daughter said:
Are you having fun

I laughed so hard when she said that. Heli spins up, you jump back, then the voice of an angel, "are you having fun yet" hahahahahahaha

and they were Turnigy MG90S servos.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey paul!!!

i hear you man!! when i got my hbfp.. mind you its much simpler and smaller than your 450.. i spooled it up just to realize my trims were all wrong, and it flew up, forward, and down.. lol.. in the rocks.. breaking almost everything on the head and also canopy... mind u hbfp v2 is a sturdy heli when it comes to crashes.. next 1 month every flight was a pain.. i used to break atleast one or two parts small or big..

after that i got to hover... it was finally there.. the day when i thought my heli atleast listens to me... tried forward flight.. BOOM!! again the same story... man... it took me a while to get to where i am that i can atleast hover my 450 now in the first few attempts.. and can do fast forward on hbfp... Its gonna be fun.. dont be discouraged though!! its a pain to crash but its fun fixing and getting up in the air again... man..i so wish i had my crash videos from my hbfp v2... y'all would have said, " you should stick with cars" lol..... hahahahhahahhahahahaha

i would suggest.. one thing... i dont know how much tony will approve of this.. but get a mSr... its awesome.. helps you learn flying without a whole lot of breaking.. atleast the controls... :) if u have a spektrum tx, then just bnf are pretty cheap... :) keep us posted.. :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
This is what I bought ... did I get the wrong thing Tony? It doesn't list it as a Turnigy is why I'm wondering (unless you know something I don't :chuckles: ).

TPro-MG90s-01.jpg

And the video Tony mentions is actually the "pre-flight" video, as it never got off the ground. And yes, my daughter was standing right next to the camera with all her comentary despite me trying to get her to be quiet. I guess it added a lot of flavor to the video because it would have been quite boring otherwise :biggrin1:

EDIT: And thanks for the words of encouragement Gaba. I do appreciate it! (I don't hear stuff like this from Tony <sniff><sniff> --- J/K!)

Tony

Staff member
Nope, you hear "if you crash, get it on video" hahahahaha

But yes, those are the correct servos. I forgot, they are T-Pro here, not Turnigy. Same difference though, just different lable.

And I think you need her as your camera girl for all of your videos lol. You could become quite popular lmao

Top Bottom