Maiden after inverted crash

danhampson

I got the chance to maiden my protos after last weeks inverted crash. i have re-stretched her and done a factory reset/full setup on the brain. she feels more stable than ever i used the first of 6 packs sorting the tail gain out (ff piros, hard collective pumps and punch outs, tic tocs).

Every things is as smooth as ever, so i got down to some serious practice, inverted nose in hover (getting quite comfortable with this orientation IRL), backwards flight (left hand turns are ok, right hand are really shaky), tic tocs (starting to get a bit neater), and then the usual circuits, 8's and stationary piros.

Heres hoping the weather is the same tomorrow.

Happy flying.

EyeStation

Congrat's on getting her back in the air. Your warm-ups sound like a lifetime of flying for me, lol.
Is the video uploading right now?

danhampson

Its just lots of sim time and as much stick time as poss.

No video this time. I've been off work this week and my camera man hasn't Lol. Hoping to shoot some video this coming week, weather and light permitting.

I just got back from the field and flew 8 packs today. All 8 I did flips rolls and some inverted hover. I ordered a keychain cam so i can start video on some of these flights seeing as I am flying mostly when my kids (my camera man) are in school. I hope to find a place to fly this weekend. All our fields that we can fly electric on are also soccer fields so the weekends it is hard to find a place to fly.

I am getting the slightest tail kick when coming out of inverted, I bumped my head speed up to 100% flat and played with my gain a little. Nothing seems to quite get rid of it. I think i need to make some fine tune adjustments in my IKon. I tried some tic tocs today and bogged down my head so i bailed out of those pretty quick. I also notice on flips I sometimes push the aileron a little so it flips a little crooked, kind of scares me but I am doing them with some altitude to play with. I am ecstatic right now.... I LOVE FLYING.....

Congrats on getting back in the air. I would love to learn how to fly backwards. Sorry I thread jacked you I guess I was so excited about my flight I didnt realize that I was not writing in the RC flight log....

Lee

Nice one mate,
Been blowing 40mph all week here. Drops tomorrow then back again for the foreseeable future :( Great for work, bad for flying. But can't buy my new toys without work :D LOL

Top Bottom