Prop Magic smoke came out and phwshhhhhh.. lol trainer's motor died... lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well, it was long adue... I has crashed and bent the main shaft on this motor in f22 already and now i was putting it through torture again... I took my trainer out.. tried to fly it after my 450 flights.. well it flew.. i was fighting it.. seemes tail heavy..interestingly.. but trimmed some nose down elevator..

anywaz... wanted to ee if it would glide good... well... it did for a bit.. but the motor didnt start back up in time just kept making the squeaking noise (tony has heard that once when we skyped lol) .. so anywaz.. it crashed.. I picked it up.. it started giving that shrill squeaking at throttle up.. and then the prop stopped... motor started to go in the reverse direction, and phwsshhhh... magic smoke was released.. LOL... I still tried again and again.. it started once more.. but i dont think it took the pressure very well.. THe wings started flexing too.. making it harder to fly... i did some fast manuevers with it before it came down th firs ttime.. but well... i think the motor is dead.. the esc was warm but didnt seem to be too hot.. after all it is a 40A esc..

So. well.. my fleet now reduced t0 450... broken 250.. su-26xp.. brken mcpx... broken trainer.. msr... lol... i guess i have 3:3 ratio...

dont worry this ratio might go up.. hahahahahha (hope not!) lol.. anywaz... I'll keep you updated.. tell me what you think.. should i upgrade the motor? should I just trash the plane (i dont want to).. Happy to take suggestions... Fuselage being supprted by carbon fibre rods here and there did help a lot though.. honestly.. that is why it seems like e better built MOTH to me.. :) hope to hear from you guys.. :)

Tony

Staff member
Well, after my motor smoking, and your motor smoking, I think it's safe to say that the 370 is not enough motor. Need to move up to a 400 or 450 sized plane motor. That sucks and I know what boat you are in lol. But, only you can answer the question about trashing it. I hope not, cause mine is flying great. I do have some plans on trying something different with the wing to help you guys out though. we will just have to wait and see.

Tony

Staff member
Time and money, that is all it takes. And those two things are in very short order right now lol.

Top Bottom