450 maden flight

john2012

Banned
hello all just have some flight time with my T-REX 450 sport v2 flybar went well but im just having some trouble with the gp790 gyro im really not sure just what to expect it to do but it is going in the correct direction with a little tail wag and sorry no video need to get a tripod for my camera but did not crash and happy about that. i when up on the swash to 67 and a e p but this did not help the wag in the tail :):):):):):)

DAL2855

Banned
that's not what's causing the tail wag, you need to reduce the gyro gain in the radio a little at a time until the tail wag stops. You are flying in Heading Hold mode correct? This is the mode you need to be flying in. Rate mode is for scale flying.

john2012

Banned
im not sure gyro has a green light on

- - - Updated - - -

and another thing is tail servo is bendind the tail control rod

DAL2855

Banned
Then you've got the tail travel adjustment way too much, you need to adjust the amount of travel of the tail servo, then have the gyro setup onto the gear channel of the radio so that when you adjust the gain in up and down position it adjusts the gyro gain. And you'll want the switch in the up position when flying. Or atleast that's how mine is on the Turnigy 9x radio.

Tony

Staff member
Deleted your second post. Only bump a thread ONCE every 24 hours. You need to go through your gyro setup procedures. Set your endpoints and so on. Keep all settings in your Tx at 100% and do NOT touch the DR/Expo. Adjusting the cyclic and/or collective will do nothing to the tail as stated.

john2012

Banned
took the head back off and went through setup again,did all the adjustments again and again 3 times and checked this morning set gyro down 5 points and set the pitch of the blades and they are within 2degpos and neg second flight went 100% better no viberation and not tail wag and no darn crash thanks for the help on my flybarred heli.im like you im not useing dr/expo cyclic is good also

Top Bottom