Batteries Made a mistake...

e_chen_777

I'm a complete noob, so when I plugged the battery into the receiver, something popped and a small wisp of smoke came out of the receiver. I'm pretty sure I accidentally put the battery in the wrong way, so I have to get a new receiver. What happened? How do I pair the new receiver to my transmitter after I get it?

Here's the damage:

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 4.19.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 4.19.21 PM.png

Thanks for the help!

Tony

Staff member
That is the balance plug. The receiver, as noted just to the right of the 2A is signal to the left pin, positive in the center pin and negative on the right pin. You can't plug a balance plug straight into a Rx.

RandyDSok

Depending on the receiver, they typically run off of either 4.8v and/or 6v... so check the specs for the receiver to see which yours uses/recommends. If the model runs off of fuel.... you'd supply an additional battery pack that provides the voltage your receiver can use. If it's an electric model... the power comes from a seperate BEC ( battery elimination circuit ) that plugs into your batteries that run your motor or from a BEC that is built into your ESC ( if it has one ).

The battery connector you use will look like the plugs that your servos have only it will only have a positive and negative lead ( red/black )

You will likely need to get a replacement receiver since it sounds like you burnt up the one you have... Follow the instructions as to where you'd plug the battery in.

Top Bottom