250 Lynx tail rotor makes tail motor get hot on 230S

Happy new year to all of the 230S owner as well as Rc-Help member.
Recenly i got a 230S couple of months ago and i absolute love it. But there is 1 thing i dont like is the white tail blade, it is flimsy and easy to break if i hit the ground. Therefore i upgrade to the Lynx tail rotor and the tail motor seem getting hot in just few minutes of flying ( not 3D or sport flying ). It never happen like this before with the stock blade. So i just dont know if it actually worth to upgrade to the Lynx rotor or should i keep it stock??? Will the motor might get burn if i keep flying with the Lynx rotor or not?
Cheers.

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If you can hold your finger on the tail rotor for 3 or more seconds (firm pressure) without having to remove it due to burns, then you should be fine. Another thing to do is to shave the blades down a few mm at a time until the motor is not as hot.

Cheers,
And what is the reason to shave down the blade?? Does is make the motor to work harder to produce same force as longer blade??

Tony

Staff member
Shortening the blades will actually reduce the amount of force on the motor which should cool it down a bit.

KLA

On the 230S, the Lynx, Microheli and Rakonheli tail rotors WILL overheat the tail motor. The reason is because the 3 mentioned aftermarket tail rotors have a slightly different airfoil than the stock Eflite tail rotors and they make the tail motor work harder to produce the same results therefore causing the tail motor to overheat. The only aftermarket tail rotors that are proven to work correctly and not overheat the tail motor are the Xtreme Productions Carbon Polymer tail rotors. The are made from an identical mold as the stock Eflite tail rotors and perform perfect. But, since they are made from Carbon Polymer, they are only available in black, but are much stronger than the stock Eflite tail rotors.

But, as Tony stated, if the tail motor doesn't seriously burn your finger then it will probably be ok. That is as long as you give the tail motor time to cool off between flights.

Here are the Xtreme Productions tail rotors. They are listed for the 200srx but are the exact same thing, and are exactly what I use on my 230S :

http://www.heli-nation.com/xtreme-carbon-polymer-tail-blade-2-pcs-200srx-200-srx-b200sr05

Last edited:

KLA

Top Bottom