General LX A-10 warthog thunderbolt ll

Ifly

Hello all,

Anybody here have this beauty ? I'm using a spectrum AR9020 9ch receiver with a DX 9 transmitter. Can't seam to get the fans to turn, they both just move an 8th of an inch with a continued beeping. I matched up servos to match on the receiver slots with limited success but flaps would not function either, maybe my setup is incorrect on my DX9 what do you all think:thinking::thinking: how does your setup look ?

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the ESC's may not be seeing a low throttle signal. Turn everything on like you normally would, let it start beeping like you explained, then lower your throttle trim all the way down. If they arm and spool up, then put the trim back in the center and do an ESC calibration. You do this by turning on the Tx and raising the throttle all the way up. Then, plug in the plane. You should hear two beeps come out of the ESC. At this time, lower the throttle stick all the way and it should arm. This completes the ESC calibration to your Tx.

Ifly

Thanks Tony I will try that soon as I get back home, I've read a few unpleasant stories about the hog from BH . Hopefully that's all it is.

Ifly

Thanks it's really a cool awesome looking plane, if only I can figure out why both fans won't throttle up, I'll try a few recommendations given hopefully that works.

- - - Updated - - -

You have some nice birds, how do I find the video testing tony posted ? Thx

SIXFOOTER

I had the same trouble with one of mine, same deal, beeps, no throttle. Looking into the TX setup with the throttle all the way back it still had about 10% throttle. Changed the curve to Zero and it worked

Ifly

Tony a big thanks to you, you're correct I followed your advise to arm the ESC and both fans throttle up nicely. The hog wanted to take off from the work bench, the grin on my face was huge.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to a message I got from a reply that you were here testing a video , maybe I miss read it thx.

- - - Updated - - -

Six

thanks all is working fine now, got tips from Tony also the fans are powerful and sound fantastic.

Tony

Staff member
Not a problem, that is what we are here for. Just glad you got it going. Now we just need some video of this bird going in the air for the first time!!! :biggrin1:

Ifly

Tony got to work on nose retract grear now it worked twice now stopped working I believe the motor attached to it died

Top Bottom