Quad Lost, never to be found.

Lee

My friend Inaki, has lost his new Mini quad :(
I was not there when he lost it.
He was testing outside of his house, when he lost orientation and flew it the wrong way.
Why he didn't drop the throttle, he says because he was trying to regain control.
By the time he decide it was no good, it was 200m up and a pin prick in the distance, heading towards the sea.
Whether it made it to the sea, or crashed somewhere on land, the only way he'll know, is if someone finds it, and hands it into the police.
It was a brand new H250, Mobius camera, Openpilot CC3D board, and 600mW ImmersionRC TX.
Not a good day for him. :(
He was really enjoying this new machine, and we were looking forward to racing each other when mine arrive.

treff

That is a very painful tale Lee. A very hard lesson is it does not turn up. Tell him we all feel for him.

Stambo

Bummer dude. Did he have any identification on it?
This is something that concerns me too.
I have my cellphone number on all my quads so hopefully if it ever happens someone will contact me.

Lee

He had a lost model beeper. Not much good when its miles away, but maybe someone else will hear it.
I think the fishies will not have a mobile.
Since loosing my QAV500, I have put my mobile on my FPV models.

sarconastic

Just a side note for those that don't know. IF your an AMA member the regs require you to put your Name and or AMA number inside or affixed to the aircraft. For Identification and other reasons I am sure.

Section 2
(f) Ensure the aircraft is identified with the name and address or AMA number of the owner on the inside or affixed to the outside of the model aircraft. (This
does not apply to model aircraft flown indoors.)

Pretty good idea too.

Woody

Lee

I cannot believe what I just heard.
My friend bought a second hand Mini quad, the same as the last one.
He went and lost that one too :eek1:
So anyone fancy a trip the Southern Spain, there are two H250 quads sitting out there in a field somewhere.
I have no more words :( Night mare!!!!

Stambo

How on earth did he manage to do that.? :facepalm:
I have my details on mine but I think I will put a very loud beeper on it as well.

I cannot believe what I just heard.
My friend bought a second hand Mini quad, the same as the last one.
He went and lost that one too :eek1:
So anyone fancy a trip the Southern Spain, there are two H250 quads sitting out there in a field somewhere.
I have no more words :( Night mare!!!!

That's sad, I know how he feels, at least I know where mine is..... Lose a second one.... Wow, nothing learnt there then it seems.... Well I'll be down there at Christmas/new year, I'll give you's a hand....

Admiral

That reminds me of a story my Father used to tell about when he worked in a sawmill, (Short Version) one of the guys cut a finger off, after being treated and returning to work the others said "How did you do it?" he took them to the saw bench and said "I was just doing this and DAM $@# there goes another one" it was before the days of micro surgery so neither finger was re-attached, they just called him stumpy after that.

Lee

I have to make a correction.
My Spanish translation was wrong.
Luckily he hasn't lost the second quad. They were talking about the first one.
Still sucks the first one is gone, but at least the second one is still ok :D

Stambo

Nothing like getting lost in translation. :)
I hope he has some contact details on the new one. :)

Top Bottom