General Loss of power at full throttle

dazacx2

Hello all,
Posting for a mate , he s having issues on trex 700 running castle 120 and ikon with 6s 5000 may bats, can fly all day with reasonable power not a problem, soon as he puts on full power it goes to limp mode and throttle drops enough to fly on and land.
Have changed esc and run governor on castle and now ikon in all configurations, only thing not changed is motor. Also does it on different Battery packs.
Any suggestion on solving problem.
Daza

Smoggie

I've experienced the exact same thing with the Castle Edge 120HV myself a few times. The cause is low battery voltage triggering the 'RPM Reduction Cutoff' protection feature in the ESC. The cause is usually simply that the voltage trip is set too high. By default it's 3.2V so all you usually have to do it drop it to 3.1V.

If you still get problems then it's a sign that your batteries are getting tired, cold batteries can cause it too.

Screen shot of the setting that needs adjusting:
ScreenHunter_24 Jun. 10 08.30.jpg

dazacx2

I've experienced the exact same thing with the Castle Edge 120HV myself a few times. The cause is low battery voltage triggering the 'RPM Reduction Cutoff' protection feature in the ESC. The cause is usually simply that the voltage trip is set too high. By default it's 3.2V so all you usually have to do it drop it to 3.1V.

If you still get problems then it's a sign that your batteries are getting tired, cold batteries can cause it too.

Screen shot of the setting that needs adjusting:
View attachment 17927

dazacx2

Thanks for the info , I will pass that information on .
He is flying with reasonable new genace batteries , this happens straight after he had connected and has a small hover then pumps power it cuts out. If he puts around it's fine.
Is that what happened to yours.
Data

Smoggie

Yes, that's exactly what happened to mine. Putting the battery under high load such as a pitch pump causes the voltage to 'sag' which triggers the low voltage RPM reduction. Mine was noticeably worse on cold days. Reducing the voltage trigger value fixed it completely, it's never happened since.

Top Bottom