Spektrum Losing channiels on the DX6I

bearfoot

Hi They call me bearfoot , I got a used DX6I off of E-Bay a friend thought it was a good deal, I put my 450 on it and was learning to fly just hovering my 450 would take wild hairs and go up or down with no throttle me a newbe thought it was the wind ( I live on the beach)Crash my 450, MY friend said it was a bad servo and we found a servo with a glitch so I thought, replace it and put the bird in the air again flew 3 or 4 days just fine, then one day she went ape .Big time repair i had her on the bench had just put all 3 wires together and going to spin her up forgot something put on throttle hold, moved the aileron stick and she took off broke my finger and here i go rebuld againm Got her rebulded again and keep getting a beep,beep,beep, Two weeks I replace parts and couldn't find the problem , i changed channels worked fine . Now to make a long story short I have lost 4 channels from servo ghlichs to the lost of the gryo and signal to the resever . IS there a rebuld kit or am I just out of luck , If you want more of the headache just let me know. is there a way to fix this ?

Parkflyer

Hi, I had something very similar on a small 6ch heli, it turned out to be nothing more than a faulty receiver!.. Hoping you have tried this but good luck if you havnt...:highly_amused:

Tony

Staff member
If it's a faulty Rx, the best way to check is to order the OrangeRx from HobbyKing. It's less than $10 and it will tell you if this is your issue. And as stated, sounds like it is.

bearfoot

Ok thanks for the info, but this is what my friend said I took and ordered the orange from hobbyking and as i was wating I took the RX out of my blade SR ,it didn't do it , and the orange didnt work , so changeing channles did , but some thing diffend happens on each channle I have 4 channles to play with. so I guess a new transmitter is the answer! Now do I get a Dx6i or Dx7i?? Thanks My friends

Tony

Staff member
If you have the coin for a DX7, go that route. The DX8 is not that much more, but has a LOT more functionality. I think you can get a DX8 for about $400 or so. And with a 30 model memory, you won't have to worry about it for a while as long as you take care of it.

zenmetsu

Before replacing the TX, I would do a model reset on it... there could be something with the way that one of the models is set up (travel adjusts set to 0% or something silly). Just go to an unused model, reset the model, and then test RX with motor unplugged from ESC.

bearfoot

ok , I have gone and looked to see ,It is not a recall ,, I have gone to the monitor and it said it was ok the arrows was not always in the center but moved evenly, so I will reset it and go from there. ,I think there is something wrong with it And when i do this reset if something happens gryo going out stop working in mid flight, Just what ever you ,will find it in 100 feet of water, I will let you know one way or the other, and then I will be amused about it I THANK YOU for for time and if you think of something please let me know, Tony thanks for your help getting here, Happy fishing and flying Your friend Tony

Tony

Staff member
Yes please let us know how it goes by clearing out a memory setting and starting over. As for the monitor setting, THR and AUX will not be centered as they are your pitch and throttle. But AIL, ELE, and RUD, should all be very close to center. Maybe a max of 4 pixles off. Channel 5 will vary as to where you have the F mode set. Let us know bro, we are here to help you every step of the way. Just glad it's not the Tx even though the DX7, DX7s and DX8 are awesome lmao.

bearfoot

Well i thought I was done , last night i started to clear the DX6i and needed to pull the servos off my 450 so i went to a clean channle # 7 never been used (was going to put my tarot on it, so going to make sure its right put 3 servos on my board ,tail servo the orange and then the ecs this way I can get it all right.As i moved moved the sticks only one servo moved at a time. I said ok and went to the spektrum and got the same thing went to a diffent channle did the same came in a 12:00pm hook them up and working just fine, so maybe she is acting up when she is hot, i don't have the money for another one but i will start saving for on Thanks reseting the hole thing befor i move on

bearfoot

yes Tony I did,, I did it on one channle I use all the time and I made sure the other channle was clean ,then set it up for a 450 , i just got in a i'm going to delete it all and start over just got 3 more new servos and i will buld a new bird on a new channle , will let you know saterday, I,f it dont work it will be for sale or swiming, that are you thinking? If IT is somethinging I'm doingI would like to know! It is veary costly,,I will be here reading and learning Thanks Your friend Tony (Trouble shoot it there is a answer)

Top Bottom