General Looking for someone flying a Blade 450 using a DX8 Tx (I'm having gyro problems w/DX

Giby1

First, I'm fairly new to heli's.
After my first crash with my 450, I did a mechanical setup.
On completion, the 450 leaves the ground nicely but immediatly starts to rotate rapidly in a
anti-clockwise direction.
I believe the problem is in my DX8 gyro menu setup.
I get a steady red light on the gyro, but the rudder servo does not move
when I hand turn the heli left or right.
If there is anyone out there that could walk me through the gyro parameters on the
Tx, I would appriciate it. (DX8)

Tks
Giby1

flysolo

Re: Looking for someone flying a Blade 450 using a DX8 Tx (I'm having gyro problems

Hi Giby.

I have a Blade 450 3d and a dx8. My settings are:
Ch: Gear
Sw: Gyro
Pos 0: 61%
Pos 1: 0%
Pos 2: -55%

I think the recommended gain is between 40 and 50 on a Dx8 but I get som tail drift if I don't turn it up to 60%. I only use Pos 0 but you can check that its set up right by flipping the Gyro switch to Pos 1 and the tail centers and the red light on the gyro goes out. With the light on the gyro should be active and compensate when you turn the heli so I'm not sure this is going to help you.

- Niklas

Giby1

Re: Looking for someone flying a Blade 450 using a DX8 Tx (I'm having gyro problems

Thanks Niklas,
I'm going to give it a try.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Again, thanks.

Bill (giby1)
Dubuque Ia
USA

RMB677

Have you checked the belt tension? I've had that happen when the belt loosened up.

murankar

Staff member

Belt tension could cause the tail to spin, but I think it might be the gyro not correcting the right way. Since no two gyro brands are the same it is difficult to tell you how to fix it unless you tell us which brand you have. However most have a dip switch on the housing of the gyro that is used to change the direction of the gyro. Others use a setup mode and requires you to use the tx to fix it and one requires you to flip it upside down to fix. Please let us know which one you have.

Tony

Staff member

My first thought was what URI stated. Sounds to me like the gyro is reversed. DO NOT try to reverse it with the Tx, that will not work. As stated, there is either a dip switch, or you will have to flip it over. If ti's a mems gyro, then you will have to do something like hold the rudder to the left and cycle the gyro switch 3 times to enter the gyro setup mode. This is the only way to use the Tx to adjust it. don't try to do it in the gyro menu of the Tx.

Tony

Staff member

I knew what you meant :biggrin1:. Just had to make sure the OP did as well. Spot on post.

flysolo

If it is the original gyro here is the manual for it.

View attachment EFLRG210HL-Manual.pdf

the rudder servo does not move when I hand turn the heli left or right.

To me this indicates that the gyro is not properly connected to the receiver or gyro not in head holding mode. If it moves but in the wrong direction there is a switch on the gyro to change it like Murankar and Tony says.

Giby1

Thanks 677
Checked the belt. All OK there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Flysolo
Downloaded the manual.
Checked the switches on the gyro.
All OK there.
Will be double checking all the connections.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Urankar
Thanks also for your service.
Belts OK.
As I said to one of the other guys, I'll be rechecking all the connections.
The gyro came with the 450. Eflite G210.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Tony
With all the info coming in, sooner of later the birds GOING to fly....

Top Bottom