Projects Looking For Hands On Help

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: to the forum Robert. Instead of paying for services just invest in a a flight simulator and with help on the internet, you should have no problems learning to fly on your own. :warning: It's a awesome feeling of accomplish when you get a heli up in the air...on your own.

Robert Biscotti

Ive been flying for ten years loops and rolls are no problem but these new electric helis have more electronic mixing and set up thats where I need help

RandyDSok

Flying airplanes and flying heli's are completely different skills... So like D.O.G. ... I'd strongly recommend starting with practicing using a simulator since it will easily pay for itself in the fewer crashes you'll see when actually flying an actual RC heli... While it isn't the best analogy, it's often said that flying a heli is a little like trying to control a spinning marble ( ball bearing or whatever ) on a pane of glass, it's never stable and you are always correcting for everything so it doesn't fall out of the sky.

On the setup side for the electronics and hardware... it is more complex as you mentioned. It's also different on each model, each radio and other electronics that you've chosen. Still, the basic ideas are similar enough that setup instructions and video's from other setups can still be of use. So when looking for assistance you will need to be specific about everything you are using... what exact make/model of aircraft, of radio, of receiver for that radio... if it's a flybar or flybarless setup and even to some extent what servos you may be using. It will be unlikely that you will find someone else using the exact same setups... but you can still use the info they pass on since they still work in similar manners even if they may use slightly different terminology.

Admiral

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum. I agree with the others a good SIM should be you first step, also what gear do you already have, Tx wise etc or have you already invested in a helicopter ?

I flew Slope Soarers and fixed wing for years before transitioning into helicopters and because I did it in isolation I found it difficult. More recently I helped my Brother-in-law learn to fly, he went the RTF Route a with a Blade 230 which was pre configured and had safe technology he was flying confidently in a couple of weeks. Just a suggestion.

murankar

Staff member
Find a local club in your area. You may need an AMA membership and have to pay a club dues. That's going to be your best option unless someone on here is from your area.

Top Bottom