General Looking for good P51

Heli 66

I'm thinking about getting a P51 Mustang, and was wondering if anybody had any opinions on a good one ? 800mm wing span up to 1450mm. I'm looking at a Airfield P51 RC 4 Channel Warbird Ready to Fly 2.4Ghz 800mm Wingspan or Airfield RC Plane 6 Channel P51 Mustang Warbird 1150mm Wingspan Ready to Fly 2.4ghz
Anyone have any thoughts on these or another one i might be interested in? Thanks

Derek

I dont know anything about the Airfield brand planes but, my two cents, stay away from anything at Banana Hobby. I did order my first store bought plane a few weeks ago from Banana Hobby. It arrived 6 days after they had said. It was missing the aileron servos. The push rod for the elevator was bent and the paint job was horrid. I called them and got a huge bunch of crap from them. They wanted me to pay for the shipping back to them. At first, I refused. Now, I have finally agreed to pay the shipping to send it back to them and I'm waiting for them to refund my money. What a joke!!!

I just did a Google search on your Airfield P51 RC 4 Channel Warbird. I see that Nitroplanes sells that plane. I would have no problem dealing with Nitroplanes. I've not bought anything from them but I have ordered from HobbyPartz and they are the same company, just different divisions. Nitroplanes sells planes and stuff. HobbyPartz sells parts and stuff. I got great shipping times and the parts that I ordered function appropriately.

Good luck with your seach but I'd say you'll most likely be happy with the Airfield plane. If it were me, I'd also shop around at Hobby King but that's because I haven't had a bad experience with them in nearly 2 years. Some other RCH members have had bad experiences with them.

sarconastic

I got my Airfield 182 1700mm Trainer from Nitroplanes. They are really good to deal with. Like the free shipping from them too. Their prices on Airfield are hard to beat too. Make sure you check the clearance section. A lot of times they will have clearance on exactly the model you want.

I saw you just had your Dx6i repaired why don't you go for a ARF and just slap a receiver in it or BNF if you can find one. Save yourself a lot of money that route.
Woody

Heli 66

I dont know anything about the Airfield brand planes but, my two cents, stay away from anything at Banana Hobby. I did order my first store bought plane a few weeks ago from Banana Hobby. It arrived 6 days after they had said. It was missing the aileron servos. The push rod for the elevator was bent and the paint job was horrid. I called them and got a huge bunch of crap from them. They wanted me to pay for the shipping back to them. At first, I refused. Now, I have finally agreed to pay the shipping to send it back to them and I'm waiting for them to refund my money. What a joke!!!

I just did a Google search on your Airfield P51 RC 4 Channel Warbird. I see that Nitroplanes sells that plane. I would have no problem dealing with Nitroplanes. I've not bought anything from them but I have ordered from HobbyPartz and they are the same company, just different divisions. Nitroplanes sells planes and stuff. HobbyPartz sells parts and stuff. I got great shipping times and the parts that I ordered function appropriately.

Good luck with your seach but I'd say you'll most likely be happy with the Airfield plane. If it were me, I'd also shop around at Hobby King but that's because I haven't had a bad experience with them in nearly 2 years. Some other RCH members have had bad experiences with them.

I got my Airfield 182 1700mm Trainer from Nitroplanes. They are really good to deal with. Like the free shipping from them too. Their prices on Airfield are hard to beat too. Make sure you check the clearance section. A lot of times they will have clearance on exactly the model you want.

I saw you just had your Dx6i repaired why don't you go for a ARF and just slap a receiver in it or BNF if you can find one. Save yourself a lot of money that route.
Woody

Yea , heard nothing but bad things about Banana Hobby. Nitroplanes is where i seen the Planes i'm considering also any recommendations on a good Rx for the planes i mentioned so i can use my DX6i, can i use a 6 channel Rx even for a 4 channel plane?

sarconastic

I just picked up two receivers off of EBay. An AR6200 probably a clone of the Spektrum for about $18. I also picked up a Lemon Receiver for $13. I have read nothing but good things about them so far. haven't had a chance to test either of them yet. Will later this week I hope.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
As for the rx, yes. The only time channel count matters is when you don't have enough channels. The only thing that might hurt you is the size and weight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

I have a Hangar9 P51 kit that I think they still make - it is basically a "trainer" P51 - it is called "Amazin' Grace". It came with wing attachments that you were supposed to use to help with lift, but I never used them, it flies so well. Hangar9, IMO, makes just about THE best kits and the manuals are terrific. I buy most of my stuff through horizonhobby.com or at my local Birmingham hobby shop - their pricing is exactly the same as HHobby's website. I've purchased 4 of their kits - the P51 I bought locally, then I purchased 2 Hangar9 "Pulse" kits, and a P47 kit that I have yet to build, but have gone through the parts kit. I have never even had a bent, broken or missing piece and never a question with the manual. I know that sounds impossible, but I consider them high end kits - each was in the $200-$275 range ($219 for Pulse). They are ARF, so you still have to put some things together, but I am a sloppy builder and can't paint or apply MonoKote, so the plane comes out looking great because ALL of that is already done me.

They may not make a ".40 size" P51 anymore - I know they have the blue and silver "Miss America" (mine was labeled "Amazin' Grace") and I think they have a new one out or coming out but those are ".60 size" - sorry, I'm in the US and can't convert millimeters in my head. :) My P51 has a 55-65" wingspan. I think that you can not go wrong with a Hangar9 kit. I have heard Nitroplanes are good kits but never bought one -yet.

I have also heard nothing but horrific customer service and poor quality issues about Banana Hobby. "Avoid like the plague" is a good phrase, as I understand it. I'm sorry you had to go through that - it's bad enough to lay out a lot of cash for your hobby without getting crap for a kit, and then have to suffer poor customer service.

Good luck on your search - I hope this helps.

Best,

RP

just think of it this way...All aircrafts use standard four channel( motor/ailerons/elevator/rudder). anything more are extra bonus

Top Bottom