looking for an fbl system

Status
Not open for further replies.

murankar

Staff member
Looking for a used fbl system for under $70 shipped. Just seeing if anyone has anything. I am looking a new zyx and I think I may just have to go with it. I should have some cash by the end of next week.

pj1969

good choice bro, i have 2 and they are fantastic. if you need any help setting up, just holla. I've put some tutorials up i found that really helped me. All i will say is throw the manual in the bin and use a pc or laptop, or if you want to be posh an android phone lol. Once you have done it a couple of times, it's so easy and she fly's rock solid after complete rebuilt ( twice ) lol

Tony

Staff member
IMO, I would NOT put a clone FBL system on a helicopter such as the Protos. Way too much money to trust to something that was ripped off from a good gyro. I would save your pennies and see what you can get. 3GX, Ikon or AR7200BX are all great choices. I fly the first and third and they are rock solid. I"m about to put the 3GX on my 600 with 4.0 just to see if it will work as it's supposed to so that I can run a Gov. You can find a 3GX all over the place for $75.

pj1969

IMO, I would NOT put a clone FBL system on a helicopter such as the Protos. Way too much money to trust to something that was ripped off from a good gyro. I would save your pennies and see what you can get. 3GX, Ikon or AR7200BX are all great choices. I fly the first and third and they are rock solid. I"m about to put the 3GX on my 600 with 4.0 just to see if it will work as it's supposed to so that I can run a Gov. You can find a 3GX all over the place for $75.
What clone are you talking about Tony??

pj1969

Well you can correct me if i'm wrong but TAROT make the ZYX and ZYX-S and i wasn't aware it was a clone?? If it is, who did the original??? I have them on 2 of my heli's and they seem 150% rock solid

Tony

Staff member
I have researched, and I can't find anywhere where they actually admit to cloning another gyro, but think about this, tell me something else that Tarot makes that is not a clone. All of their helicopters are Align clones.

The OP can do what he wants. but I'm going to stick with the big 3, 3GX, Ikon and BeastX.

pj1969

well ive not seen another gyro on the market remotely like the TAROT and in your eyes they may clone parts, if they do i'd go for a TAROT split lock dfc head in a flash. Alot of companies look at competitors and pick up ideas, just look at samsung and apple, but it's down to us to decide who and what to buy. I'm sure if you had used a ZYX you would be more than happy with it's performance. I have never used 3gx, my little gyro is more than up for the job they can do.

murankar

Staff member
Well I have a few days before I make a final decision.

I think it's the v-bar. Gaba knows for sure, he had one before and said good things about it.

I will troll rchn forums and see if they have anything for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom