Lookie lookie

Tony

Staff member
Right on!!! Now you just need to get your mod done to your Tx and join us on Sim Sunday!!!

bigone5500

*edit* stupid is as stupid does...

Forgot to plug in the cable. I was able to somewhat calibrate the Tx but I think the pots on the sticks are bad. I'll take it apart and use some contact cleaner to see if I can get them to work correctly.

Well I'm trying to get this thing to work. It may take some time. I thought by connecting like colored wires together it would be ok. Hang tight...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You have a few days before Sunday to get it up and going. Hope you figure it out by then, good luck. :)

bigone5500

Update:

I had to update phoenix to the latest version and create a new transmitter profile for my Tx to work. I am flying helis now!!!

bigone5500

Ok. Here is what I did if anyone wants to know. I have the Tx that came with the Blade CP. It's a 6 channel FM CCPM controller model E8. It has a mini din socket on back for the trainer port. I needed to go from that to 1/8" stereo plug. Luckily, when radio shack went bankrupt, I got $5000 worth of stuff from them and in this stuff, I got some adapters. One of which converted 3/32" 4 conductor to 1/8 stereo. I cut the smaller plug off and was left with wires colored black, red, and brown. The mini din has the wires colored black, red, brown, orange, and bare. I did not use the orange or bare. I simply connected the like colored wires and it worked. I'll need to take it back apart and solder the wires then apply heat shrink to make it look good and hold up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Removed the link to it. Seems you already deleted the image. And great job on figuring that out. You need to send me some of that stuff from radio shack lol. Damn I miss that place.

bigone5500

Removed the link to it. Seems you already deleted the image. And great job on figuring that out. You need to send me some of that stuff from radio shack lol. Damn I miss that place.

I went on the last day and filled two of the giant bags they had for $20. That included six 6' copper ground rods. I have a receipt that measures 39'.

Tony

Staff member
Sadly when my local store closed, I was about 1000 miles away and couldn't get to those deals lol.

Top Bottom