Prop Look what I got for my birthday

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, You'll normally find me in the helicopter threads. But today wanted to share with you something about me. During the Vietnam War (2 tours) was active in flying UH-1D Huey helicopters. Later on served in West Germany (1972-1975) and joined a RC model airplane club. I lost interest when returning to the states since the real ones took up a lot of my attention and time. But 10 years ago got back in the hobby, this time with helicopters and have invested quite a bit of money in them. A few months ago fran11784 also a member of the forum whom I met early last year noted we lived less than 15 minutes from each other. He is an awesome flyer in both fix and rotary aircraft, well anyway he gave me a E-flite Cirrus SR22 a few months ago. All I needed to do was buy the lipo batteries. I couldn't ask for a better friend and appreciate that very much. So two weeks ago was my 75th birthday and my wife of 52 years surprise with me with an E-flite Apprentice BNF:peaceful:. Wow you should have seen me do my happy dance:banana: I made a special place to hang them from the wall and they look great. So I turn two of my garage walls to hold all my aircraft. This hobby is keeping me active and young at heart. I can't thank RC-Help.com enough for the wonderful information shared and awesome people met on line.:hdbng: Best regards, Jim

Attachments

• 20230730_100953_resized.jpg
    20230730_100953_resized.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 7

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, You'll normally find me in the helicopter threads. But today wanted to share with you something about me. During the Vietnam War (2 tours) was active in flying UH-1D Huey helicopters. Later on served in West Germany (1972-1975) and joined a RC model airplane club. I lost interest when returning to the states since the real ones took up a lot of my attention and time. But 10 years ago got back in the hobby, this time with helicopters and have invested quite a bit of money in them. A few months ago fran11784 also a member of the forum whom I met early last year noted we lived less than 15 minutes from each other. He is an awesome flyer in both fix and rotary aircraft, well anyway he gave me a E-flite Cirrus SR22 a few months ago. All I needed to do was buy the lipo batteries. I couldn't ask for a better friend and appreciate that very much. So two weeks ago was my 75th birthday and my wife of 52 years surprise with me with an E-flite Apprentice BNF:peaceful:. Wow you should have seen me do my happy dance:banana: I made a special place to hang them from the wall and they look great. So I turn two of my garage walls to hold all my aircraft. This hobby is keeping me active and young at heart. I can't thank RC-Help.com enough for the wonderful information shared and awesome people met on line.:hdbng: Best regards, Jim
Thank you very much:peaceful:

Top Bottom