450 Look what I found on You Tube

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone:peaceful:, while surfing the net I struck GOLD:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This video happen to come across my screen and HOLLY COW. It's a scratch built CH54 Skycrane for a 450. Just talked to the guy in the UK and he hasn't yet began work on his modification for the tail fin. So was willing to put this project on hold, but now rethinking this thru. I'm always up to a challenge and I have the proper angle gearbox for the tail section. Will redraw the plans for a Skycrane to scale making the fuselage 830mm long and figure the height and width accordingly. All I have to buy is the 5 blade main rotor head with carbo fiber blades and FBL gyro setup, looking at another ZYX S-2. Have everything else needed on hand. It will be built in wooden sections that are screwed together and take photos during the build. The kit from the UK is nice but expensive plus shipping. It took almost 3 months to get the gearbox alone. If I start now most likely won't be ready for a maiden flight in the fall. Can see this is a lot of planning on my part but have always love to tackle projects like this:arms:

Attachments

• 20220209_053809.jpg
    20220209_053809.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 14

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
You know what? I've decided if I'm going to build this bird gonna do it right. She'll have all new parts period. Just ordered a Tarot main frame to build my scale plans around to start. Presently drawing a free hand picture of what my blue prints should look like. Eventually all fuselage parts will have a template to work with. The dog house will even have small magnets to secure to the fuselage. The landing gear will be spring loaded to cushion the weight. Taking my past experience working on army helicopters and putting it to work here:beerchug:.

Top Bottom