Trucks Look At What I'm Working On Now!!

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure most of you know, this is Matt's T-Maxx. He brought it over because it would not start, and after putting two starter motors on it, we decided to do an electric conversion. Well, that lasted all of about a day and was put on the side for other projects.

Well today, I pulled it out of the corner, found the box with almost all of the bits in it lol and started putting it together. Why am I doing this? Because we have a brand new part to put on this truck that will hopefully cure all of the issues we had before.

Hope you follow along as we get this truck back running and bashing around. This is going to be fun, I hope.. lol.

image2.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Hopefully I can get this thing running this time lol. This thing has given me fits for years. It's time for it to run and destroy itself under its own power lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Update, the truck finally started, but it was pouring more fuel out of the carb than was going into the engine. The compression is so low that it doesn't want to start and I really had to force it. The sad reality is, with the carb and piston and sleeve being bad, it would be cheaper to just get a new engine but neither Matt nor I have that kind of cash right now. So for now, this truck goes back on the shelf.

I'm sure most of you know, this is Matt's T-Maxx. He brought it over because it would not start, and after putting two starter motors on it, we decided to do an electric conversion. Well, that lasted all of about a day and was put on the side for other projects.

Well today, I pulled it out of the corner, found the box with almost all of the bits in it lol and started putting it together. Why am I doing this? Because we have a brand new part to put on this truck that will hopefully cure all of the issues we had before.

Hope you follow along as we get this truck back running and bashing around. This is going to be fun, I hope.. lol.

View attachment 19105
Yay to put in T-Maxx back together

Tony

Staff member
sadly, this project ended quite abruptly when the engine was found to be gone and the carb destroyed. It will be going back on the shelf for now.

Top Bottom