Scale LOH-6

Jimbo

Here is the OH-6 Loach I built, using an RC Aerodyne MD 500, 250 fuselage. Of course the tail is not correct, the tail rotor is on the wrong side and no four blade head, so I guess it is only "scaleish".

It is modeled after a real ship, from my old unit in Vietnam. I know the pilot and he provided plenty of pictures for the build.

Jim

New Loach3.JPG

Don & Gunners.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Now that is cool right there! If you could get a 600 size like that (or larger), that would be absolutely awesome!

Jimbo

Thank you Tony. I love the building part as much as flying. Right now, I am slowly moving up to a 450 and it seems very large to me, so a 600 is down the road a bit. You can bet, that when I do get a 600, it will be painted "green". :)

Jim

Tony

Staff member
I know where you are coming from. I remember when I first got into it and the sound of that 450 in front of me spooling up. Your heart has not raced until you fire up a 600 or larger heli in front of you and heard those blades beating through the air.

Keep those pictures coming. I'm working on getting a new gallery system put on the site so that people can showcase all of their photos. Might even start a photo competition, not sure yet.

Admiral

love Hueys, this is my 480 size, don't fly it much as I can't get any spare parts if something goes wrong.

Jimbo

Very nice. My ship was a HU-1D, later converted to a UH-1H. I would love to get a fuselage like that, but the only one I can find is an 800.

The Australians were the only ones who mounted rocket pods and twin M-6o's on their H models. They were very effective.

Jim

Top Bottom