Quad Loaded Cleanflight on CC3D - have questions

gbakakos

:help:

I loaded cc3d with cleanflight. I have a 250 Quad X

Question number one is :
While going through setup using cleanflight and testing motors it shows in the diagram that the motors are numbered as followes:

RR is 1
RF is 2
LR is 3
LF is 4

But in Open Pilot they had been

LF was 1
RF was 2
RR was 3
LR was 4

So currently my ESC are setup like they had been with Open Pilot
should I now switch them to the way Cleanflight has them
Does that effect how the quad reacts?

Second issue I have is I turned my Board to the cc3d board to the right so the usb port is on the right side of the Quad.
That was how I had it set with Open Pilot at -90.

When I do that in cleanflight the 3d image shows it reversed for some reason. It I set it at +90 it looks right but that can't be correct. Right?

Once again my usb is on the right side of the Quad when looking at the Quad from the back of it.

Any ideas or suggestions. As of now the Quad just flips right away when given a bit of throt.

One or both could be causing this

Stambo

I have no experience with CC3D but plenty with cleanflight.

Yes motor hookup should be done as cleanflight says.
Also check for motor direction and correct props.
This will have a huge effect on how the quad reacts.

If your CC3D originally has the USB at the back and you turned it counter clockwise to get it to the right then in theory it should be -90.
Maybe try 270.

Once you get it ready for flight, hold it firmly from underneath and spin the props up with the tx until you can feel it pulling.
Tilt it left and right and forwards and back and see if the quad tries to resist.
If it does you are on the right track. Try for yaw also.
BE CAREFUL, those little props can still do some damage.

Lee

Just put the ESC pins on the CC3D in the positions specified by Cleanflight.
Once you have saved the boards orientation, check on set up page, that quad moves as it does on the screen.
Its going to be either 90º, -90º(or 270º if you want)

Last edited:

gbakakos

Things I ran into when loading Cleanflight on to cc3d.

.. Motors positions are different on Cleanflight than what they are on OpenPilot.
.. My Roll needed to be reversed. Did that from the Tx.
.. Board orientation for needed to be at -90 It was like that also in OpenPilot since I turned the cc3d

>> Only issues I have now is getting it to recognize my channel 5 and 6.
>> When I let it sit at low throttle it seems raise up. Goes higher and higher can't believe that is normal.

Stambo

Channel 5 and 6, are they mapped in the TX?
What tx, rx are you using.
As far as low throttle is concerned, I tick motor stop, I don't let it sit at low throttle.
It may be trying to correct a perceived angle issue, when it is getting no response it tries increasing motor speeds.
Is it set to auto level?

gbakakos

TX is a fs-ct6b and RX fs-r6b. Just a cheapie setup. Maybe that's why I have issues...

I had issues getting the min/low enough on Throttle and Min/High on Yaw. Edited those end-points and it started to arm ok.

I see no indication that that 5 and 6 are working at all. I would have expected I should be able to map the dial or the switch. But, they don't seem to do anything.

At one point I had the wires on 5 and 6 and it seemed to interfere with channel 1. I would turn the dial and ch1 would change.
I wanted to use either the dial or switch (Aux) to set mode and the other as a failsafe.

I also understood it that cleanflight defaulted to beginner (self leveling) mode as I have not defined any specific modes.

Thanks

Top Bottom