Chargers Lipo Tester

Does anyone use those little lipo testers are 1-inch by 1-inch wrapped in a clear plastic. Well I have 4 of them two very good balance Chargers and a voltmeter and everything reads different I'm wondering which one is the true reading I'm leaning towards the voltmeter

Geena

Staff member
Those little batter checkers really aren`t made to be very accurate. I have one that I use just to make sure a flight pack is fully charged, before I put it in my helicopter. But I rely on the internal IR, and voltage monitors in my charger for accuracy. This is the one I use.

$T2eC16N,!zcE9s4g0-S!BRnRdCn-s!~~60_57.JPG

RandyDSok

Unless your voltmeter is a high end model ( ie like a Fluke etc )... any one of them may be more accurate than the others. High precision is expensive. The type of testers you've got are just pretty close. Unless the testers are much more than a few 1/10th's of a volt off, they should be close enough for general use.

When the Chargers are done charging I check individual cell voltage and both Chargers will usually say all three the same volt 4.19 an ultra will also State unbalanced 6 volts although it says all cells are exactly the same. The little lipos all three will say different things on the same battery. They'll say one sale for 12 1 sale 40161 South 419 so all of them will read different voltages Purcell the problem is I wanted to bring the voltage up on a single cell to match the other two for they're all equal but I don't know which one to believe

Attachments

• 1508809722279783404908.jpg
    1508809722279783404908.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 5

RandyDSok

Small voltage differences between the cells is not uncommon and as long as they are close, nothing to worry about. Basically the cells will age slightly differently over time.

murankar

Staff member
I have a fluke and mine is about spot on. It has not been calibrated in over 6 years. Mine first down to 100th of a volt. I also have the same tester as Gena. Works for me.

Man I just read that text I sent you can't even understand it every time I said cell it said south and added some numbers I didn't say. I will try to be a little more careful next time

Top Bottom