General Lipo Charger

Matt

I left a battery plugged into my lipo charger and think I ruined it. It doesn’t charge anymore and just beeps like there is something wrong. Can anyone confirm that I ruined the charger and it needs to be thrown away..?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Matt. I'm not sure what charger you have or how old it is but my charger when it's done charging it shuts off automatically. There's time that I forgot about the battery being plugged into the charger after the battery is done charging. I get side track. Check to see if there's a reset button hidden somewhere. Depending on the age, maybe it's time for a new one.

Tony

Staff member
Try charging another battery with it. I'm thinking it may have drained the battery, and didn't damage the charger.

If you leave a battery connected to the charger, it will try to keep the caps charged up, which over time, will deplete the battery.

Matt

I had a 10 (or so) year old Passport Lipo Charger.. I charged a 6s battery with it.. then unplugged the charger but left the battery hooked up to it.. next time I tried to charge a battery it just beeped like there was something wrong, so I trashed it and recently bought an IMAX off eBay..

Tony

Staff member
I don't suppose you would want to send it to me for investigation would you? lol.

Tony

Staff member
lol, it will match the satellite lol. BTW, I came to the conclusion (and also the reasoning for no "fix" stream) that there is a broke trace inside the board. If you put pressure on one part of the satellite, it would stay connected, but once you let go of it, it would disconnect. I suspect the satellite was damaged in the crash that broke the case. Was definitely fun playing with it though!

And if you want to send it over, that would be awesome. I have never heard of one dying by just leaving a battery plugged into it. Definitely has my curiosity peaked.

Matt

I put it in the dumpster last week and it’s gone but I’ll remember going forward to save some of this stuff for you

Matt

It’s a lot nicer than my old one and charges 2 batteries at once

and it talks to me.. lol

and, actually, I don't think it was the charger.. I think the charge leads were the issue.. but I threw the old one in the trash.. so.. no way to confirm..

I had one of these for about 10 years

Last edited:

Matt

Try charging another battery with it. I'm thinking it may have drained the battery, and didn't damage the charger.

If you leave a battery connected to the charger, it will try to keep the caps charged up, which over time, will deplete the battery.

Tony, you were right about the battery.. the 3rd cell is .57v.. anyway to fix that cell or is the battery junk?

Tony

Staff member
There is a way, but it is a little dangerous. PM me for details on doing it if you are interested.

Top Bottom