Batteries Lipo Charge Rates for Multiple Batteries - 3.7V Lipo - Blade mSR X

Peter Neal

Hi Guys

Wondering if someone could share their electronics knowledge with me...............

With the recent aquisition of my Blade mSR X, I have a charging cable that allows me to connect x3 batteries to be charged at the same time. At this stage I have been charging the batteries at the mAh rating of a single battery, i.e. 160mAh

Am I correct in assuming that since the charging cable is wired in parallel, it safe to set the lipo charge rate to the sum of all three batteries mAh i.e. 160mAh x3 = 480mAh.

The charge cable also has a balance plug.

Below is the eBay URL which will give you a picture of the cable:
Xtreme Charging Cable for 3 MCP X 1s Lipo Batteries EA-057-B | eBay

Cheers

Pete

Tony

Staff member
You are correct. You should add up the mah of all batteries then devide by 1000 to get your amp rating. 480 milliamperes would equate to .48 milliamperes. I would set my charger on .5 amps with out worry.

RandyDSok

RC lipo's have both a charge and discharge C rating... As Tony mentioned... charging at .48 A ( .5 A is close enough I would also think ) should be safe for the battery... that is considered 1C.

Many RC lipo's now allow 2C and up charge rates. Typically the safe charge rate is listed on the sticker found on the battery itself. Don't exceed the lowest C rating of any of the batteries you have connected in parallel and you should be fine. Also do not confuse the discharge C rating with the charge C rating as they are not the same.

Tony

Staff member
Rdsok is correct. If you have a 2c rating, you can ramp it up to 1amp. I have not seen the new msr batteries, so I'm not sure what they are rated at.

Peter Neal

Thks rdsok, well aware not charge above the manufacturers C rating. All these batteries have a 1C charge rate so 0.5 A will be the max charge applied.

Top Bottom