Batteries Lipo 7.2 batteries question.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When it comes to flying my helis, I fly for about 5 mins then wait about the same time before I use the same heli. I rotate the birds when I fly. First I fly the 450 then the X3 then last the 500 til I run out of batteries. I go through the same routine most of the time. That will give the heli time to cool off. When it comes to the QX 90c, can I fly back to back batteries with this quad or do I go by the same rule that I use on the heli, 5mins on 5mins off? I've notice that those brush motors do get hot.

Smoggie

I fly back to back, only let it rest for the time it takes to swap batteries and I've never damaged a motor or ESC yet.
I have temperature logging on some of my helis and the trend you see is that the motor heats up quite quickly, then reaches an equilibrium and stabilises. So once you have been flying for three or four minutes it doesnt really get much hotter. Same thing applies to back to back flights, the motor starts off warmer which means it gets up to it's equilibrium temperature quicker, but once it gets there is just stabilises out so doesnt get significantly hotter than the first flight.

murankar

Staff member
The X3 and such can fly back to back. The issue is with brushed motors. The brushless motors can handle the abuse.

Top Bottom