500 lily what a machine

Tony

Staff member
This reminds me of that tracker that you put on your camera on a tripod. Same principal with more options. What I don't know is, does it have proximity sensors on it? I mean, does it know where walls, trees and people are? That is about the only thing that scares me about it. Now granted, I have not read up on these things and those questions may be answered, but that is what popped in my head just watching the video. It is a fantastic idea though. Just imagine what the FAA is going to say about this. Fully autonomous flight!!! lmao.

trainrider06

Hmm I saw that a while back also and never thought about the obstruction outside of the flying path, and if that is controlled...but that would be cool to get to fly along while I am riding my bike...see what that looks like and how cool I must look LOL!!!

holtneil

I see that they are only pre order but are about $900, I have my wife in training with her Phantom so she can follow the heli as I fly, it sounds fun, but its off putting hearing this phantom near by, but not sure where it is ,I did say to her she needs to miss me as I can look around for her when flying the heli .
NEAR MISS waiting to happen lol

Stambo

I agree with Tony on this, unless it has some sort of proximity sensors, it looks like there will be a lot of people crashing these things.
I can almost bet they will be flown in places they should not although I do believe it has a minimum altitude which will help reduce the chances of it hitting someone.

trainrider06

I see that they are only pre order but are about $900, I have my wife in training with her Phantom so she can follow the heli as I fly, it sounds fun, but its off putting hearing this phantom near by, but not sure where it is ,I did say to her she needs to miss me as I can look around for her when flying the heli .
NEAR MISS waiting to happen lol
What a woman! Man my wife would just roll her eyes at me if I suggested she learn to fly even a CoAx heli! Lol

holtneil

She wants to fly one of my 500s NO WAY , I will buy here a trex 150 for her to learn on then she can have her own 500

holtneil

There is a reason for my madness, if she has helis , she cant say you have to many helis as some will be hers:nana:

Top Bottom