Projects Lees Extra 300

Lee

Got started today on my Extra 300. Decided i wanted a 3D plane, and i have the motor and esc for it already from an old quadcopter.
Cut the parts out and started to cover with coloured tape.

attachment.php

attachment.php

100_3137.jpg100_3138.jpg

100_3137.jpg

100_3138.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
A handful? He doesn't even have the elevator or rudder on it yet lol. They are a lot of fun, and are made for very slow flying in no wind. I have been wanting to build one of these for a while now.

RandyDSok

A handful? He doesn't even have the elevator or rudder on it yet lol. They are a lot of fun, and are made for very slow flying in no wind. I have been wanting to build one of these for a while now.

Tony, unless you are going to buy one pre-cut... contact me when you are ready for one. I traced and cut out the 34" 3DHS Edge 540 that they no longer sell but is an awesome plane... You can borrow the tracing to make a copy for yourself. I've also got the full PDF to build by as well as the CF parts list. With all of the CF used, it makes this a very precise flyer ( for a EPP foamy )

- - - Updated - - -

Lee,

That is starting to look really nice BTW.

I gave my Dad the plans and EPP for a 33" Extra 330 last year... he put it together and painted ( sans CF supports ) and then gave it back to me for my birthday last year, one heck of a re-gift if you ask me... lol. I've got some pics of it somewhere, I'll post them up if I can find where I put them at.

Tony

Staff member
That would be cool Randy. Now to find a place that sels depron. Hell, I may just make it out of foamboard lol. It will be a while though.

RandyDSok

That would be cool Randy. Now to find a place that sels depron. Hell, I may just make it out of foamboard lol. It will be a while though.

These were designed for EPP w/CF for supports... so you could use other foam but you'd need to adjust the slot sizes some

... but back to Lee's project

Lee

I have a tonne of foam board i bought at the beg of last year. It heavy compared to Depron, and with the tape on top, even more. But the AUW is 350 and with Elecs 500g, but the thrust of my motor is 700g so i should be good for prop hanging :D

Lee

Got the servos in today. Hope to have it done tomorrow.
I use the wall to line up all the surfaces for setting the control rods.
100_3148.jpg100_3149.jpg100_3150.jpg

100_3148.jpg

100_3149.jpg

100_3150.jpg

Top Bottom