Projects Lee' MFB2 Bomber from MESA

Tony

Staff member
If you can get that thing to track straight in the air, it's going to look sweet.

Lee

The videos make it look very good in the air. Not quite the stealth colour scheme, but I'm very happy with it so far. Lets see tomorrow if it flys.

Lee

It flys. :D I took it out this morning. Did a glide test. That didn't go too well. The only damage all day was doing that. It nose dived into the ground and crunched the nose. But hey its only foam. First flight was a bit sketchy. The air brakes caused too much up elevator and made it hard to keep level flight. I removed half of it and that was much better. The only other issue is that it has a torque roll to the right at 1/2 throttle or higher. So i need to reposition the motor to compensate for that. It was a bit gusty which made for a twitchy flight. I don't think any FPV gear will be going on it but it was fun to build and has a real menacing presence in the air. I will put the key chain cam on it next flight, but that could be a while, cause the wind returns tomorrow. Video is uploading so be patient TONY :D

- - - Updated - - -

It flys. :D I took it out this morning. Did a glide test. That didn't go too well. The only damage all day was doing that. It nose dived into the ground and crunched the nose. But hey its only foam. First flight was a bit sketchy. The air brakes caused too much up elevator and made it hard to keep level flight. I removed half of it and that was much better. The only other issue is that it has a torque roll to the right at 1/2 throttle or higher. So i need to reposition the motor to compensate for that. It was a bit gusty which made for a twitchy flight. I don't think any FPV gear will be going on it but it was fun to build and has a real menacing presence in the air. I will put the key chain cam on it next flight, but that could be a while, cause the wind returns tomorrow. Video is uploading so be patient TONY :D

Lee

You'll. Need it. Our Internet is dead, and the screen on my Mac too. Working on get it fixed.

Tony

Staff member
When you were doing your walk around, your prop was on backwards. Looks great in the air though. Does it not like high speed? Too much pitching up?

Lee

Prop isn't on backwards. It hasn't been removed since I had it on my funjet. And it flew so I hope it's on the right way. :)

Lee

Its been sitting in the cupboard for a while now. Thought i'd give it another fly. Flew pretty well. A little pitchy when opening throttle, but that can be fixed with a slight down angle to the motor mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Looks like that thing is flying very sweet. I may have to look into building one of these and putting a "way too big" motor on it lmao. As Marius stated, here in America, we have to do everything BIG! Looking great bro!

Lee

I had a bigger motor on it at first, but it didn't fly. Way too heavy for the frame.

Lee

Its not really that fast Sam. Maybe just looks it in the video. Way slower than my Funjet was, RIP

Tony

Staff member
I thought you were going to order a new kit for the fun jet? I would like to see that thing back in the air.

Lee

Its on the to do list once we know if we are staying in Spain or not this winter.

Lee

If someome offers me year round job in a place we want to be. That the problem with Tarifa. In the winter, its a ghost town. No work :( We love this place but it doesn't pay the bills.

Top Bottom