Learning, Learning, Learning.. Hello.

sasha9mm

Hello everyone! Thank you Rc-help.com for all the great videos on YouTube. Hope my hundreds of visits are helping out. ;) I have been flying helis mostly on my own for a few years.. mostly crash and rebuild and fly with my Blade400 and Blade130x. Recently got something bigger and now it's time to learn more. Also the wife decided that she loves planes so now i'm reluctantly, but with joy trying to learn and fly my new-to-me Dynam Grand Cruiser. So far it has not been off the ground and already crashed it into a curb.

Looking forward to learn and enjoy the community.

Tony

Staff member
That is not good about the curb. Glad I don't have them on my road lol. Because I would definitely hit it, with everything I own lol. But that is awesome that your wife wants to get into the hobby! My wife wants nothing to do with it.

Welcome to the site!

:welcome1:

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of information on RC-Help for you and heaps of willing knowledgeable people if you can't find the answer.
It's great that your wife wants to join in the hobby.

sasha9mm

Thank you very much for the welcome! It's great to see people willing to help. I have not been able to find help locally.. so will have a few questions.
I'm also a graphic designer so if you guys need any help with pictures, PDFs or designs - feel free to reach out.

Tony

Staff member
Nice. I have been thinking about a new site logo, just have not sat down in front of photoshop to come up with one lmao. I need to make some new decals too...

sasha9mm

Nice. I have been thinking about a new site logo, just have not sat down in front of photoshop to come up with one lmao. I need to make some new decals too...
If you have any ideas or sketches, let me know i can make them for you. I can also try and find time and give you some as well. Where do you use the logo? Site header, stickers and Youtube?

Tony

Staff member
I use them in all the above places. For the site logo, on my youtube videos which you usually see in the lower left of the video, and I also cut out my own decals on my plotter. If you make anything, I can use Adobe Illustrator for most of my designs. So that program I know I can use to put into my plotter software which is cheap, out dated and is no longer being made. Oh, and it's a piece of crap but I don't want to spend a few hundred on software when I only use it a couple times a year. If you make something, that would be awesome, just now, I'm broke as a joke, have to get my well fixed so we have water again and many other things for which I'm about to do something that I wasn't going to do again. Gotta love life sometimes lol.

sasha9mm

I use them in all the above places. For the site logo, on my youtube videos which you usually see in the lower left of the video, and I also cut out my own decals on my plotter. If you make anything, I can use Adobe Illustrator for most of my designs. So that program I know I can use to put into my plotter software which is cheap, out dated and is no longer being made. Oh, and it's a piece of crap but I don't want to spend a few hundred on software when I only use it a couple times a year. If you make something, that would be awesome, just now, I'm broke as a joke, have to get my well fixed so we have water again and many other things for which I'm about to do something that I wasn't going to do again. Gotta love life sometimes lol.
No worries at all! I work in Illustrator all the time so i'll give you a vector file. And please, do not worry about $! I don't charge for my work when i offer to help. Your advice and expertise with RC helis would be as much help as i need. ;) Give me until next week, i'll put something together. Time is scarce these days. I don't even have time to get my helis fixed up. Here's my website if you want to see some of my work.. It's also old but still works: www.fertilecreative.com

Tony

Staff member
Sweet deal. I had had others make logo's for me and the site, and I just wasn't a fan of what they came up with. It wasn't personal, it just didn't fit the site, and I thought the work I would have to to to the site would be too much to match the logo. Color changes is great, but when the logo looks like something out of a futuristic film from the 1960's, it would take forever.

I will tell you what I'm looking for if/when I see some of your work. I would just like to see what comes out of your mind from only knowing what you have seen so far. I don't want to persuade you one way or the other lol. I find doing it this way allows the artist to come out with some truly great work. But I will give you a hint, What I like is in my current logo. On YouTube, here on this site, and in my decals. Now we just get to see where your mind takes you :biggrin1:

sasha9mm

I'll make a few options... You can go from there. Color is not too much of a concern for me as you have many uses so it has to work in black, white and color variations.

Top Bottom