Cars Kyosho scorpion b-xxl nitro rc buggy spare parts.

Hi guys, I'm interested to buy a 2wd nitro kyosho buggy, but I don't know if kyosho provides a reliable spare parts online market. With a small search I have done I couldn't find a satisfactory series of kyosho parts like HPI and Traxxas provide. And I don't know, shall I buy the Kyosho scorpion?

Tony

Staff member
I don't know a lot about Kyosho, but I do know they are not growing. Might be better to get another brand that you can get parts for. A Arms and shock towers are going to be the most frequently broken parts, wear parts is going to be tires. But you should be able to find tires for it at least.

Hi Tony,I had a look on eBay and there are parts available. I hope I won't have any issues.This is my first rc car, I wanted a nitro engine and a large scale. This is 1/7 scale and it's the largest scale you can find in nitro off road cars. Actually it's bigger than the hpi savage xl 5.9. It has 43 cm wheelbase. It comes with .32 engine. Probably it's the biggest nitro off road in the market. Considering its dimensions. But it's 2 wd. Well that has its beauty. Do you think that if you use differential parts of another vehicle somehow you can convert it to 4wd? Just wondering!

Tony

Staff member
Have a look at some of the 1:5th scale cars out there. They are running 50cc gas engines. Majorly long run times, very fast and a blast to bash around with .

As for converting it to 4wd, I would have no idea. But anything is possible with enough time and money. Knowledge of how to make your own parts is also a huge plus as well.

I m aware of 1/5 scale. I was planning to have the king motor x2 as its cheaper than losi 5t, but the kyosho scorpion earned me. At the moment oh, I ordered it today. I couldn't resist. so at the moment I will be tripping in nitro engines set up and maintainance . 1/5 scale gas trucks are awesome especially if you upgrade to 46cc. Above that say for instance 78cc though are fast, traction cost a lot. And one thing is for sure. If you have a 1/5 scale you need a lot of money for upgrades which you won' t resist. So at the moment I will hear the nitro sound. Have you got a large scale gas?

Tony

Staff member
I feel you on the upgrades on all aspects. I can't wait to see your new beast! We must have video.

And no, 1:8'th scale is the largest I have ever owned, and that was a 4WD nitro buggy which was a blast with a .21 Rossi motor in it. Friggin fast as hell. But, sold it a long time ago when I got out of racing. Now, the 10:1 scale is the largest I have and it is electric. I do have Matt's T-Maxx here with a .25 in it though that I need to get working on.

Top Bottom