Servos KST Servo arms

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, I'm installing KST215 servos in to my Gaui X3. According to the Manual, there showing the servo ball being at the end of the servo arm. If i do that, my linkage to the swashplate is no way straight up and down "Parallel" But if i move the servo ball back one hole, I'm closer to being straight up and down with my linkage. Is this OK to do as long as my swash plate and everything else is level and I come up with +12/-12 Pitch?

murankar

Staff member
Dont go by the picture. Go by how the linkage hangs off the swash. The more "plum" (perfectly vertical) the linkage is the better. The only thing that should matter is the linkage ball to center distance. That maybe off just a bit just as long as the linkage is straight up and down.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Should of known better then to believe everything you see,lol. The wrap around canopy that Gaui uses, will the canopy interfere with radio signal from my AR7200BX since the antenna are some what blocked by the canopy? I'm getting closer to getting this bird in the air. I can't wait.

Tony

Staff member
As long as it's not carbon fiber, you will be fine. Fiberglass allows signals to pass through with very little issue.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Mr. Tony. I was kinda of worry about that. When it comes to strapping down The Rx, whats a good way to go about it. I was going to use thin one sided tape on the Rx and then use zip ties to secure it down tight. I'm trying to stay away from Velcro.

Tony

Staff member
I always use double sides tape on the rx in a helicopter. No real need for the zip tie though. I have used velcro as well with success.

murankar

Staff member
I use velcro on the lower frame. It keeps the rx tucked away in the frame with the antenna sticking out the hole in the frame plate. If you have short antennas then having them stick out the back would be ideal. If you get the add on plate for the rear of the frame (rear frame stiffiner) then sticking it on the outside would work also.

If you have the V 1.0 (listed top right coner of the cover) manual then I would like to point out why you should take the pictures at face value. On the inside back cover, bottom picture; they show the kit as a trailing edge control on the main blades. It is a leading edge control system as depicted on the cover. I did not notice this till months after the build when Gaba and i were re doing my setup at a fun fly.

Never mind it is leading edge on that back image. They have the blade drawn in backwards.

Top Bottom