ESC Kontronik ESC

Geena

Staff member
Well..... The jury is in, and they have reached a verdict. That Kontronik Kosmik Cool 170A HVi ESC is freaking AWESOME! We got it set up on Saturday morning, at the helicopter event. Then I went and started flying it. The governor in this thing is INCREDIBLE. ZERO tail kick on hard pitch inputs, and it climbs straight as an arrow. No nose pitching up....not anything like that. The head speed is locked in nicely as well. I got about 5-6 good hard flights on it ( would have had more, but the NX7 needs love too) and the ESC came down luke warm at best each time. I haven`t pulled the SD card out and looked at the logging yet. I want to wait until I have a bunch of flights on it, so I have a lot of data to compare. Needless to say, I`m happy with it, and now I can see what they cost so much.

The Kontronik Team was there at the event, and they helped me program it and get it ready to fly in a matter of minutes. Bunch of incredibly nice people, and so willing to help a new Kontronik user. I also have some other Kontronik related news, but I`ll share that after it`s official. ;)

Tony

Staff member
That is awesome that the manufacturer was there to assist with the setup! I know I will never own one of these ESC's in my life and from what you said, you definitely get what you pay for. And from what you said, you pay for a lot!

Definitely keep us updated on the Kontronik ESC's and what is coming from them! Do I smell another sponsor? :wink:

Admiral

Congratulation Geena, I know it will be mutually beneficial sponsorship.

I owned a Kontronik Kosmik 200 HV for a while fantastic ESC, wasted on a sports flyer though, sold it to somebody that could get the full benefit out of it.

Geena

Staff member
Thank you, Admiral. I`m really loving the 170 I have. My next step is a Pyro motor. maybe the 750-52

Geena

Staff member
I got around to setting the telemetry up in my transmitter last night. Just look at all that cool information. All the important stuff displayed on the screen, and a lot more behind the scenes. I love this ESC! Rock solid governor, unbelievable telemetry, and data logging. Plus..... NO external sensors.

123138017_2741597236111147_8557359075658305223_n.jpg

Geena

Staff member
Oh, info is good! And that has some good info. BEC is a little toasty though lol.
I think it will be ok. Iy was plugged in for a while, while I was setting up the timers and warnings. I talked to a couple of team pilots about it this morning, because it worried me a little too. But they said it can handle higher temps than that. Speaking of the team.... It`s confirmed. I got my welcome email today. I am officially on the team.

Tony

Staff member
That is awesome Geena! Definitely one of those sponsors like Gaui where you don't need much, but when you do, it's usually expensive lol.

And I usually try to keep all electronics under 100c under passive cooling. Interesting that they didn't have an issue with that temp. Although not at my threshold, and the heatsink only being passively cooled, I'm sure it will be cooler while flying with active cooling from the main blades. That is, if there is enough airflow in the canopy lol. Either way, I can see their point. Will be nice to see the temps after you fly!

Geena

Staff member
I have never had an issue with any esc over heating here, even in the middle of summer. I do have plenty of air flow to it though, and if the alarm goes off....I`ll just put the fan on it. :) I just put in my request for a Pyro 750-56 XL motor too. I have to get the Scorpion motor off of there now, because they said it would be nice if I flew with a Kontronik motor........and it didn`t sound like a request...Hahahaha.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Congratulation Geena :beerchug: Yeah... corporate kind of frown if you don't use their products.

Smoggie

Nice! I'm a big fan of the Kosmik ESC, I've got them on a few helis. Rolls Royce of ESCs as far as i'm concerned.
Kontroniks aftersales support is great too. I had a Lipo fire on one of my helis and the ESC was badly burned. I sent it off to Kontronik and they repaired it for a very reasonable cost, I got it back better than new.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Geena, Congrats on Kontronik. Thats awesome. I have a Pyro 750 in my Bell 47. Of course no where near the punishment yours will be taken but it doesn't heat up at all after 7 minutes of flight. Now you got me really wanting to try one of those ESCs too....:)

Top Bottom